• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Really big problem with timetable (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ok, here's the problem:

I do two courses: one at UTS(Communications in Writing & Cultural) and one at MQ(French), and to make the timetables fit I need to do morning sessions in one of my UTS units so thats what I put in. To my horror, UTS put me in the afternoon session of that unit instead and now there is a clash - a big one. I've been to the faculty student help desk thing twice trying for a solution except things didn't go too well - they weren't particularly inclined to accept my application for timetable amendment and near flatout refused it, they were also trying to push me to drop my second course instead. They also didn't want to tell me who the person in charge of the unit in question was and where I might be able to find them. After considerable prompting two alternative solutions were given:

*Drop down to three subjects in my main degree for first year.
*I take an elective that is nearly identical to the core subject Power and Change in Australia, except at yet another uni.

So, does anyone have any idea at all at what I can do to fix this besides the above? Is there someone I can talk to who can fix this?

If anyone has anything they know of I'd be incredibly grateful if they could tell me...I'm at my wits end.:(

unistudent

HSC
blah i have some problems with mine too (but nowhere near as big as yours)

everytime i try to ask for help, they refer me to someone else, then when i go to the second place, i get referred to a third place, then when i try to call the third place, its closed =.=

good luck with your problem but.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I was wondering if anyone knew what would happen if I just well...rocked up to an earlier lecture or tute for Power & Change in Australia than I have been allocated?(desperate measures here...)

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
For the lecture, it usually doesn't matter which one you go to, as they are not fussed about it unless it's overly packed (which it might be in Week 1). They can't really mark the roll in the lecture. Unless you have an exam or something in the lecture, you can go to any of them. As for tutorials, usually you should go to the one you're allocated to, especially if there is an attendance mark because they will mark the roll.

In the past, they mainly only enrolled people into just tutorials and labs and left the lectures open. I suppose they decided to enrol people into lecture's as well to control numbers a little.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Hmm...that's tough (and seems quite unfair). You could wait a couple of weeks to see if any morning classes open up, but yeah, what to do in the meantime would be a big worry.

Try http://pca.hss.uts.edu.au/2006/.
Subject Co-ordinator:
(Prof) Andrew Jakubowicz
E: A.Jakubowicz@uts.edu.au

It has all the details under 'Subject Description'.

If all else fails, your two alternatives seem highly viable. If UTS will exempt you from Power and Change upon completion of the other subject, I'd go with that.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
omg thankies!

My updated plan of attack - rock up to early morning lecture and bug convenor of subject to wave a magic wand so that I can move into a different tutorial.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)