• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Recently Started New Text... (1 Viewer)

pashiewashie

My class has just started snow falling on cedars, and i was wondering if anyone had any good pointers or tips on understanding the text, and if they have any notes etc.

Knowing what sorts of assessments you get from doing this topic would be greatful, EG: Essays...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
what genre are you studying it as? i did it last year in year 11 but studied it from a romance genre point of view rather than the usual crime fiction one..

pashiewashie

Well actually i just recieved an assignment, where i have to write and essay on the book and discuss how chapters 4-6 represent a mystery novel or mystery genre. I would kill for some help on my thesis.

Thankyou...

fakingtheday

HSC
you could go for something generic like:

"The mystery genre invokes speculation and realisation of the self through the actions and experiences of the protagonsit. The plethora of techniques utilised by David Guterson in his euphoric masterpiece "Snow falling on cedars" is a prime example and is particulary exmplified in chapters four through six."

That's something, change it, chances are its wrong. I haven't even read or heard of the book but i associated msytery with realisation like most of the other fucking books in the english courses.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
pashiewashie said:
Well actually i just recieved an assignment, where i have to write and essay on the book and discuss how chapters 4-6 represent a mystery novel or mystery genre. I would kill for some help on my thesis.

Thankyou...
mystery as in crime? or am i completely losing the plot here...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
pashiewashie said:
Yep, Mystery as in the Genre and yes it is slightly focused on crime...
haha some teachers go really close to the line with some genres in year 11 i tell ya..

Has your assessment been handed in yet? cause i think theres a chapter summary thing in the resources section for eng ext 1 - i remember seeing one there when i did it last year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)