recording (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
anyone know how to record their own voice and convert it so it works with ipods? i only have headset + mic and ipod nano

cccclaire

HSC
I don't know if you can record directly onto Ipods. But you can easily download some sort of recording software, plug your microphone into your computer, save the recorded files and put them on your Ipod.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
If you are planning to make notes and listen to them while you sleep, my friend told me that doesn't work. And you should believe him.

undalay

HSC
Ipods are crap because they do not have a voice recording feature unlike most other decent mp3s.

You can record sound from your computer a number of ways, you will need a microphone however. A $5 or something is fine.

cs01001

HSC
You get sick of the repitition after a while and eventually you will give up...

cccclaire

HSC
I've never tried it, I've thought about it many times but never actually got round to it.
I think the process of actually recording it would maybe make me remember it, but I don't know.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I've always wanted to try this out ! But I've only done classical music while I sleep & occassionally work. Although my mp3/4? whatever has voice recording which is madd .. but I just cant stand hearing myself talk ! lol

cccclaire

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
I've always wanted to try this out ! But I've only done classical music while I sleep & occassionally work. Although my mp3/4? whatever has voice recording which is madd .. but I just cant stand hearing myself talk ! lol
yeh it'd take me about an hour to record one sentence, I'd keep going "ew is that what my voice sounds like"

van.tango

HSC
I recorded tonnes of notes and activities for Italian last year via distance because I had to record oral tasks anyway. I got sick of hearing my own voice after a while. Get someone with a sexy voice (say, Steve Cannane from Hack on JJJ) to record it for you if you plan to make recordings of work. That's my theory, anyway.

dreamee

HSC
I have a mac, so i use garageband to record, then export to iTunes. Otherwise, any mic would do.

On usefulness... I find recording brilliant. Have you seen that pyramid thing where apparently audiovisual stimuli doubles retention rate or something? I find the key is actually having audio and visual. So read your notes while you're listening to them.

Works wonders.

HSC
undalay said:
Ipods are crap because they do not have a voice recording feature unlike most other decent mp3s.

You can record sound from your computer a number of ways, you will need a microphone however. A $5 or something is fine.
A music player is crap because it doesn't allow you to record sound? What is the world coming to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)