• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

recruitment agencies (1 Viewer)

stuchie

jst wondering what every1 thinks about recruitment agencies..... im pretty despo for a job but i kno nothing about these agency things.... like once u join or whatever do they find u something fairly quick and is it just temp jobs or what? Do u still have to go for interviews and shit or what.....and yeh like would u ppl say yeh go for it or that it would b better to find a job myself?

also while im here, i've applied for quite a few fast food places that had vacancies, you kno fill in their forms and stuff.... but i never hear back from em ... how the hell do they decide who to call..... i mean i kno i have no exp and i am 19... so obviously im not their ideal employee.... but with that in mind would ne of them ever call me or should i jst not bother? Or is it cuz they're 'junior' positions.... my mum says im too old to apply for junior stuff but my friends r like nah it jst means u r going for a low ranked job....

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Are you speaking of agencies such as;
Best Employment, Joblink Plus, Jobs Australia, etc?

If so then you will need to apply for a Job Network card to become a client of such agencies.
At which point you may only choose one.
Once you do become a 'member' they will match you with any positions that come up, they will not 'find jobs for you'.

Junior positions are usually described as ages 16-19. Although it helps to read the position advertised as such and/or possibly enquire.

Also, if you're looking to get into the workforce at 19 years old, I would improve your language skills and grammar skills.

sarevok

HSC
If you're having trouble entering the workforce, my advice would be to do some volunteer work to gain experience rather than use recruitment agencies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
recruitment agencies are great to find jobs that aren't publicised to the public, esp companies that don't SELL to the public...

generally they get a part of your pay, because your pay should be higher than most. Companies usually go through the recruitment agency to find quality staff, so the company can skip the "searching" for quality staff bit, thus they need to pay more. Eg, they really pay $18 an hour, but you get $15 an hour.

Which is more or less my case.

hessie

there are two/three kinds of recruitment agencies.
1. Full Job Network Agencies - Such as Mission Employment, Jobs Australia.
2. Labour hire firms with a Job Placement License (meaning they have access to the government network etc and get paid)
2 Labour hire firms without a JP license.

For a Job Network Agency to deal with you, they will basically want you to be on some sort of government benefits, the longer you've been unemployed the more they get paid to place you in a job.. so they more or less chuck you in the scrapheap if you've got a job or part-time study. They'll give you a look in if none of their long-term clients are suitable for a particular vacancy, so theres a chance you'll get somewhere with them, but unless you're registered at centrelink good luck.

Job Placement Only agencies however, get paid the same amount whoever they place to the job, they just get a 'match' fee. so they'll put the most suitable applicants forward. My advice is, if you've been out of a job a while - go to centrelink and get referred to a job network member.

if not, do your own canvassing and give your resume to the labour hire firms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)