• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

referees (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Whoa. Shit question.

Referees are meant to do their jobs - keeping a game fair, but they get stuff wrong.

In the junior, amateur stage, refs aren't too be punished for anything, they just do what they see as right (I've reffed a couple of soccer games, and wait for it.......i'm a qualified cricket umpire).

When it comes to the proffesional stage and refs are getting paid 80-100k a year for thjeir jobs - They shouldnt fuck up. Shayne fucking Hayne. Best example.

HSC
shit question????? well obviously you havnt played basketball... refs nearly get bashed in that sport, well at rep levels that is. pro players arnt that stupid... lol

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
im an NSW cricket umpire, ive umpired rep games, notably my biggest game south eastern .v. bankstown, last years under 12 gf... i gave 3 LBWs the whole game and every arent argued with me at the end of the game,cause their kid hit it.... its mostly your word against the players word against yours, and unfortunately,umpires/refs are the people we love to hate

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Being a referee has to be one of the toughest jobs in sport.

Being criticise for everything they do.

Mind you their have been some shocking calls lately in the Cricket and League.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
lil lelu said:
shit question????? well obviously you havnt played basketball... refs nearly get bashed in that sport, well at rep levels that is. pro players arnt that stupid... lol
I played basketball in Year 5 and 6.

Shithouse sport.

Refs dont do much except wreck the game in that sport. Pretty much every sport.

At least in cricket you can have a chat to the square leg umpire.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
thing is, refs are human. i'd rather a nazi ref than a weak one, because with the weak someone asshole will injure someone and get away with it, etc etc

they're bound to make mistakes, just hopefully when thats their 'day job' they dont get anything major wrong :s

i respect referees a great deal all in all, without them we wouldnt have sport

HSC
but also think, no refs no game. unless both teams agree on every call and play fairly. but i greatly doubt that would EVER happen.

HSC
braad said:
thing is, refs are human. i'd rather a nazi ref than a weak one, because with the weak someone asshole will injure someone and get away with it, etc etc

they're bound to make mistakes, just hopefully when thats their 'day job' they dont get anything major wrong :s

i respect referees a great deal all in all, without them we wouldnt have sport
very true. see referees are only human, but some people seem to believe that they are machines who are a disgrace if they make a bad call. dont get me wrong, you cant have shit refs, that puts players at risk, but if you tally up the mistakes from players compared to referees in a game, 95% of the time the player has made far more mistakes.

HSC
Bookie said:
But why do refs get paid loads then?
coz some refs are really really good. eg cricket, i dunno how there eyes are that good, but one slight hiccup is seen as they are the worst ref ever. but refs should also try not to make mistakes to minimise the critisisim

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
lil lelu said:
coz some refs are really really good. eg cricket, i dunno how there eyes are that good, but one slight hiccup is seen as they are the worst ref ever. but refs should also try not to make mistakes to minimise the critisisim
I agree. The umpires in cricket arent bad at all compared to other sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)