References (2 Viewers)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
What were everyones school references like? Anyone get anything negative written about them?;) Did everything that was said actually sound like you, or just some random kind words?

kini mini

HSC
We had to fill out sheets summarising what we'd done for the last 6 years :D. So my ref was pretty good, it had all the relevant info and some pleasant comments. Haven't heard of anyone getting a bad reference, I read some incredibly lukewarm ones though.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
my reference was suprisingly okay. Cause I only went to my school for two years, I have none of the good stuff that I used to do at school.

hmm, they left out my sporting achievements, and fundraising/voluntary stuff though, grr, damn them.

timmii

sporadic attendee
I dunno what happened to mine. We also had to fill in sheets....so half the reference is mine, but they left out heaps of stuff. And then the rest is an amalgam of 2 other ppl in my year...saying i did stuff i certainly did not! I have noooooo idea how they managed to stuff something so simple up!

I doubt i'm ever going to have to show it to anyone, but the one i got is heaps better than my real one, so i'm keeping it :D

del

HSC
N/A
For who wrote references... there was a roll, and teachers just wrote their name next to the students they wanted to write for (a max of 2 students)... you could ask a specific teacher to write it, but if they didn't get their name down b4 another teacher, then u were stuck with who put there name down first (sorta first in best dressed)

my IPT/ITV teacher wrote mine... my english teacher originally put herself down.... but I've more or less been a TAS kid forever so they asked if they could have me instead. The final reference was heaps ace... couldnt' have asked for anything better

eh anyways my school ref isn't too important... I'm working back @ school now so when it's time to move on, I guess if need be I'll get one written

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
the teacher you choose to 'look after' you through the year. They are there for everything and since they're the ones that end up knowing most about you, they write your reference. I thought all schools had that.

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR11
the teacher you choose to 'look after' you through the year. They are there for everything and since they're the ones that end up knowing most about you, they write your reference. I thought all schools had that.
oh.. we just had a year advisor for the 100 and something of us in the grade.

I guess I was lucky though, 'cos I had a teacher (the same one who wrote the ref) who is pretty much a mentor as such

Last edited:

bex

HSC
We have Tutors.. but theyre just roll call teachers who pretend to want to get to know you..

i dont know who wrote ours but it was signed by our tutor, the principal and our house co-ordinators..

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
uniform note is what u get for being outta uniform
Don't you guys get those, YEAR11?

My reference was very good, we also had to fill in sheets. They included everything I put down, and added some of their own. Hehehe.

The only thing they got wrong, was claiming that I was a Peer Support Leader :eek:

del

HSC
N/A
hehe...

i got put down that i did Maths Extension 1.... lol eh 2U was hard enough....

but i got them to fix it up anyway... it felt weird having a subject i never did on my reference...

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by del
but i got them to fix it up anyway... it felt weird having a subject i never did on my reference...
Hehehe, but it's impressive :p

I should probably get it changed too, but I'm too lazy to go back to school :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)