• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reflection Statement wordcount (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Are footnotes included in the word count?

J

jhakka

Generally reference style footnotes are not included, while explanatory ones are. If they allowed explanatory footnotes, people could have whole extra essays at the bottom of the page.

HSC
N/A
It's possible to do a decent reflection statement. I don't think we ever have time to talk about *everything* we want to, so you'll have to decide what you think is most important to say, make sure you fulfill the criteria, and then your new motto is "condense, condense, condense!"

;)

Tried looking through past years' reflection statements? That's how I started.

steffo

steph
HSC
jack white said:
can someone do a great reflection statement in only 1000 words?
yeh
read past showcases. not all are great, but some are quite mindblowing.
one in particular i read from performance poetry section by miranda stokes.....talk about intimidating. have a look in your library for the showcases. some are really helpful.
others...got in because of the MWs.

HSC
N/A
Remember that your reflection statement supports your major work and is the place where about half your external mark comes from... please don't leave it till the last minute!

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
The markers don't do a word count, so as long as it looks round about right, they'll accept that it's within the word count.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
There is no 10% leeway, you stick inside the word limit, no more no less.

J

jhakka

Doesn't poetry have a combined word count, which includes both the Reflection Statement and the Major Work?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jhakka said:
Doesn't poetry have a combined word count, which includes both the Reflection Statement and the Major Work?
yep.

what i was told by my teacher (who was also a HSC marker) as well as by reading others, that 1500 words is usually adequete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)