• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reflection statement (1 Viewer)

Nightminds00

HSC
For my reflection statement, i am basing it upon my report but there are a few bits i am not sure of.

Intent:
what is the difference between intent and purpose? and how could you link it to intependent investigation?

Audience and purpose are pretty easy

The relationships of concept, structure, technical language features and conventions: what on earth does that mean?

development of concepts is fine

realisation of the concepts in the final product: is this just to do with how independent investigation has helped you to come to your final product?

anyway, thankyou and good luck!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Nightminds00 said:
For my reflection statement, i am basing it upon my report but there are a few bits i am not sure of.

Intent:
what is the difference between intent and purpose? and how could you link it to intependent investigation?
intent is something more personal. eg you wanted to explore aboriginal heritage in australia because your friend is aboriginal, or you wanted to write for self-exploration. purpose is a bit more outward, less personal, for example, to inform others about the aboriginal culture and constructs, or to show that postmodern of thought, involving the questional cultural values is not as easy as it seems in real life.

Nightminds00 said:
The relationships of concept, structure, technical language features and conventions: what on earth does that mean?
did you choose your language features or structure for a reason to support your concept? For example, my language techniques are more often than not biblical and I did it for a reason in relation to my concept.

Justify why you used the techniques you used, why you made those choices in your majorwork in relation to something else, mostly concept.

You can also talk about form in relation to your concept.

here's an example:
ur_inner_child's reflection statement 46/50 said:
i determined to illustrate the struggle of female family members to maintain balance with their cultural traditions within the family, economic desire within the workforce, and the existentialist self. Acknowledging the complexity of the emotional obstacles involved within the relationships of family, I chose to have my composition in poetic form
ie, this is an aspect of my concept, so that's why i did it in poetry.

Nightminds00 said:
realisation of the concepts in the final product: is this just to do with how independent investigation has helped you to come to your final product?
It can be, but what did you get out of it? Did you self-explore enough? What did you learn? What about your concept have you grown insight with?

Nightminds00 said:
anyway, thankyou and good luck!
hope it helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)