Related Material - losing marks. (1 Viewer)

Slaya

HSC
Hi i was just wondering about whether or not what you choose for your related material can lose you marks before you even start.

For inner journeys one of my related texts is an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and i've had several people comment that it's not sophisticated enough and markers might downgrade me simply for choosing it.

So do you think that even if i can argue my viewpoint successfully that i will lose marks? I'm not sure whether i should change it or not.
Any advice is appreciated.
:wave:

Slaya

HSC
Thankyou for your reply. :)

I have picked a specific episode, "Prophecy Girl" (for those who know Buffy) and am pretty comfrotable with the links i have found in it, relating to inner journeys and my prescribed tests.

However i am interested in why you think covering the entire series is a bad idea. Is it because there are too many things to explain? What about a season as a whole? Too much information to cover? Or not enough specific examples?

Thanx

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Slaya said:
Thankyou for your reply. :)

I have picked a specific episode, "Prophecy Girl" (for those who know Buffy) and am pretty comfrotable with the links i have found in it, relating to inner journeys and my prescribed tests.

However i am interested in why you think covering the entire series is a bad idea. Is it because there are too many things to explain? What about a season as a whole? Too much information to cover? Or not enough specific examples?

Thanx
I'll use an analogy. Some people use the lord of the rings: fellowship of the rings as a related for physical journey. Despite its place in popular culture where markers might stereotypically decide to 'downgrade' your marks if you can use techniques to demonstrate the effects of the prose/film on the responder and the concept of journeying then it's perfectly OK.

Imagine doing this for the entire trilogy though? As you can see choosing a specific episode would be more feasible.

Also look at your prescribed text too. From the episode you've actually mentioned "Prophecy Girl" the title seems to have similarities and hence links to "A Dream" by sereni in imagined corners (sorry i already typed this before rereading thread because i saw lotto's response and i remember he did those poems so, ok :))

Hai xia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)