Related Text - Please help (1 Viewer)

heheidkanymore

HSC
I'm in Standard English, studying Billy Elliot. I was wondering if the Fresh Prince of Bel Air rap would be a good related text as it discusses the human experiences of racism and personal growth. Or should I do, I want to break free by queen? Im not sure what to do. Please help. Or if anyone else has any other reccommendation please let me know.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, both "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and "I Want to Break Free" explore themes that can be linked to those highlighted in Billy Elliot, essentially allowing you to use either one of them as a related text for Billy Elliot. In terms of choosing between "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and "I Want to Break Free", "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" seems to explore themes that are most closely linked to those of Billy Elliot, which could make it more suitable to be used as a related text. On the other hand, "I Want to Break Free" seems to be less complex and this could be reflected in its themes. When compared to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air", it is unclear whether it would be a good option.

Additionally, I think that you should consider the type of text that you intend to use as related material. Since it seems that both options are songs, there is a potential concern that neither of them would offer sufficient information (given the limits of duration and lyrics) that enables you to engage in a more in-depth analysis. Based on this, you could consider other types of texts that can potentially offer more avenues for in-depth analysis, such as novels and poems.

I hope this helps! 😄

heheidkanymore

HSC
Essentially, both "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and "I Want to Break Free" explore themes that can be linked to those highlighted in Billy Elliot, essentially allowing you to use either one of them as a related text for Billy Elliot. In terms of choosing between "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and "I Want to Break Free", "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" seems to explore themes that are most closely linked to those of Billy Elliot, which could make it more suitable to be used as a related text. On the other hand, "I Want to Break Free" seems to be less complex and this could be reflected in its themes. When compared to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air", it is unclear whether it would be a good option.

Additionally, I think that you should consider the type of text that you intend to use as related material. Since it seems that both options are songs, there is a potential concern that neither of them would offer sufficient information (given the limits of duration and lyrics) that enables you to engage in a more in-depth analysis. Based on this, you could consider other types of texts that can potentially offer more avenues for in-depth analysis, such as novels and poems.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much!!! This means a lot to me. I have gone with the song 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton. My assessment is broken down into two parts. Where I write about related text in my short answer section and my prescribed text in my essay. My teacher had said that we don't need to mention our related text at all in our essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)