Related Text? (2 Viewers)

P.T.F.E

HSC
what do u think on 'On the jellicoe Road' as a related text for belonging and if so does anyone have any ideas how to get started and the concepts on this novel.

THANK YOU! :D

bored of sc

HSC
P.T.F.E said:
what do u think on 'On the jellicoe Road' as a related text for belonging and if so does anyone have any ideas how to get started and the concepts on this novel.

THANK YOU! :D
http://www.theblurb.com.au/Issue70/JellicoeRoad.htm It sounds fine. Watch out for the cliche issues. But it's usually the language that becomes cliche (e.g. when writing essays avoid explicit reference to teen angst and puberty, or if you do, do so in an interesting fashion).

Getting started. Read the novel. Read it a second time with post it notes. Write down any key examples, techniques etc that strike you as you read.

Read a variety summaries/responses if you are unsure (e.g. website above). It sounds to me that the main concept of belonging is "belonging to a school community and the responsiblities which result". Maybe try to go with belonging to the school but being alienated due to differences.

P.T.F.E

HSC
HEY thank you. i have read it and found it to be an amazing novel, but couldnt help being drawn to the reaccurring belonging in it.

bored of sc

HSC
P.T.F.E said:
HEY thank you. i have read it and found it to be an amazing novel, but couldnt help being drawn to the reaccurring belonging in it.
Hmm? Are there any motifs in the texts (recurring symbols, ideas etc). If so they could add to the repetition of belonging.

P.T.F.E

HSC
bored of sc said:
Hmm? Are there any motifs in the texts (recurring symbols, ideas etc). If so they could add to the repetition of belonging.
well there is the jelicoe road which connects all these people and makes them feel as though they are part of something, u no what i mean like the townie kid the cadet guy and the jelico school people and it is also part of the story from the past, there is also something else can't remeber but i think i could derive belonging out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)