related texts for merchant of venice (1 Viewer)

megurem

HSC
The question that I have to respond to for my multi-modal task is "Our experiences are defined by a tension between a yearning to belong and a desire for freedom". As my title suggests, I'm doing Merchant of Venice for my text.
Immediately, some possible related texts came to mind (Boy in Striped Pajamas (both the film and book), The Book Thief, To Kill a Mockingbird), but then a thought struck me.

Shrek

Shrek fits extremely well with the "tension between a yearning to belong" part, especially with the conflict between the fairytale creatures and humans, and Shrek's initial self-isolation and then inner-conflict between himself when he starts to build relationships with other characters.
I'm not sure how to relate Shrek to the "desire for freedom" part, but surely there's something.

The thought of including Shrek for a year 12 assignment (even if it is a multimodal task) is preventing me from using it due to how absurd it sounds, but I would like to hear the opinions of others.

What are your thoughts on doing Shrek for this assignment? Do you have any other suggestions for a related text to this qustion?

Thanks!

mbeer

HSC
did you end up doing shrek? how did you go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)