• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

religion in australia pre-1945 (1 Viewer)

smelli147

HSC
hi all,
i have an assessment due on religion in Australia pre-1945... i've seen all the other threads and i don't think that this would fit into the expression of religion in aust from 1901 to the present.

my task is to analyse the contribution of Christianity in Australia to EDUCATION prior to 1945.

if anybody has notes, websites or information on the influence of christianity on education in Australia pre-1945 it would be much appreciated

thankssss!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
smelli147 said:
hi all,
i have an assessment due on religion in Australia pre-1945... i've seen all the other threads and i don't think that this would fit into the expression of religion in aust from 1901 to the present.

my task is to analyse the contribution of Christianity in Australia to EDUCATION prior to 1945.

if anybody has notes, websites or information on the influence of christianity on education in Australia pre-1945 it would be much appreciated

thankssss!
A new Year 11'er...welcome

You are right in the fact that it doesnt really fit into the Yr 12 "expression of religion in aust from 1901 to the present" unit as the key ideas for the current Yr 11 unit revolve around the setting up of "private" education in Australia
eg
the setting up/establishment of the Catholic School system and to a lesser extent, the Anglican System etc (the Catholic is the biggie here obviously)

Also look at funding issues like the Church Act and other issues like the Public Instruction Act

As for giving you direct resources, honestly google is your friend as you will heaps of stuff if you narrow down your search parameters to specific search terms like "the history of Catholic education in Australia" and the "Public Instruction Act" etc + to ask for people to give you stuff as you dont want to look up things in your very first post is kind of frowned upon...its a bit leechy actually!

Do you have access to a text book (either for the current course or for the SOR prior to 2001-current Yr 12 course) as this is where you should start....

Last edited:

smelli147

HSC
Firstly, my apologies for being a bit lazy in my first post!
But thanks so much for helping me out, i really appreciate your time.
I think I should be able to complete my assessment task with no problem now.

p.s. as you know it is my first time here and i must say i am really impressed by this website & forum! 'bored' of studies haha...luv it :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
np

more info if you have a video recorder

OUR HISTORY: AUSTRALIANS OVER TIME - SCHOOLING, SOME CHANGES

Today students in primary schools come from a wide range of backgrounds and study a wide range of subjects. This program looks at some of the changes in Australian schooling over the years including early schools designed to make children of convicts better citizens, education for indigenous Australians and the move to compulsory education.

Tuesday 9 May 2006 10.25am
ABC Rating: (G, Rpt)
Duration: 10 mins

More: http://www.enhancetv.com.au/htm/12665891.html

On next Wednesday....could be interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)