Renal Dialysis Help (1 Viewer)

xzkevinzx

HSC
Assess the social impact of renal dialysis...?

It's a 4 marker question too. Help any ideas?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You can look at this question from the perspective of someone on dialysis as well as the impacts on the outside community.

What is the social impact of dialysis for someone with end stage renal failure? How does this affect;
a. quality of life
b. social life
c. family life
d. their psychology. How would they be feeling being on dialysis?

What do you think the social impact is on the outside environment? Does dialysis provoke more people to become organ donors?

Things like that, I assume. This question didn't exist back in my day.

flaminwaffle

HSC
You can look at this question from the perspective of someone on dialysis as well as the impacts on the outside community.

What is the social impact of dialysis for someone with end stage renal failure? How does this affect;
a. quality of life
b. social life
c. family life
d. their psychology. How would they be feeling being on dialysis?

What do you think the social impact is on the outside environment? Does dialysis provoke more people to become organ donors?

Things like that, I assume. This question didn't exist back in my day.
^^ that.

use this to jump start you:

people on dialysis need to go to hospital a few times a week and sit there for hours while their blood is pumped through a machine. (i dont remember the exact figures)

also, they have to keep a strict diet.

HSC
N/A
Renal Dialysis is primarily used to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function (renal replacement therapy) due to renal failure. Dialysis may be used for very sick patients who have suddenly but temporarily, lost their kidney function (acute renal failure) or for quite stable patients who have permanently lost their kidney function (stage 5 chronic kidney disease). For patients with stage 5, or End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD), the treatment that most naturally replaces lost kidney function is a kidney transplant. However, some patients are not good candidates for a transplant due to medical or other reasons, some cannot receive a transplant because of the short supply of donor kidneys, and others simply decide that a transplant is not the best option for them. As a result, most patients with ESKD must rely on dialysis to replace the water and waste removal functions of the healthy kidneys.

Annum

HSC
Name the process by which urea and other waste materials are removed from the blood during dialysis. Is this active or passive transport?

Please, can someone provide me with some help with this question? Thanks

Anicca

HSC
Uni Grad
Name the process by which urea and other waste materials are removed from the blood during dialysis. Is this active or passive transport?

Please, can someone provide me with some help with this question? Thanks
Definitely passive ... process = diffusion​ across semi-permeable membrane?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)