Repeating accelerated subject? (1 Viewer)

physicsftw

HSC
Hey guys so i'm doing accelerated physics and just done my HSC for 2015. I currently just started year 12 and the results come out in 15th December.
So I was wondering whether I should repeat Physics because I don't think I got very well in the HSC.
My current marks for physics was 14/16, 78% (midyear), 14/15, and 54% (trials)
I ranked 5/32. Honestly I think I got around 60-70 ish for the HSC.
My subjects are:
Maths 4u
Maths 3u
English Advanced
Chemistry
Engineering studies
and of course physics. Thing is my teacher told me that the BOSTES choose the most recent mark so if I repeat and get a lower mark, they will choose that one.
So should I repeat it and get a better mark or have more time for my other subjects?

calamebe

HSC
It probably depends on how much you enjoy and how good you are at your other subjects. Are you willing to give up some extra study time on your other subjects to get a better mark in physics?

liendang

HSC
If I got that rank for physics I probably wouldn't repeat. BUT if you know for sure you will score higher then you should repeat. It would probably be more stressful since you would be doing 12 units though.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There would be no load, really to carry it for the rest of this term and then decide to drop it if the result that comes out in December aren't what you want or need but ... remember if you repeat then next year's result is what will count even if lower than this year's.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Repeat if you think you can do better. But honestly its not worth it.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I think its better to use the spare time to work your ass off in your other subjects. But repeat if you don't like the mark.

photastic

HSC
For now, continue doing physics again until you get your result in December. Tbh if you get band 6, its better for you to just focus on your other subjects otherwise repeat it because onlys reason people would repeat is because they didn't band 6 or they feel confident trying to get a state rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)