• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Research suggestions... (1 Viewer)

Alaranth

Anyone got ideas of places to start research? Even keywords, as Google eliminates the word "why", making my searches pointless...
I wanna do research on what the film medium allows you to do, conventions, ways it allows you to tell a story that can't be done in other formats, etc. Same thing for written short stories. My aim is to do a comparison between the two, and finally decide on my medium. Cos both sound good! :(
The internet hates me, so any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks! :D

J

jhakka

You could always look at past Major Works, particularly the Reflection Statements. That way you can see the best (and worst) of both worlds.

veridis

droog
HSC
and dont try to use too many conventions just for the sake of including them. a friend who did film last year(and inspired me to do film next/this year) said all their scenes with intended conventions ended up getting cut. if you just film in a stylish way you can find lots of conventions in it to babble about in your reflection. just like studying texts in normal english, make something up and overanalyse anything you want to back it up

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
University libraries :p
they have everything - on anything - they are really good to with yr 12 students - all the ones i went to have been very helpful -
all you need to do is purchase (or borrow) a photocopy card (they r like $2) and look around

if ur school goes on Uni open days / visits etc and ur not interested in the uni u can go to their library and grab stuff for ur MW - i did that at Newcastle, Sydney, ANU, and couple of others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)