Ret @ Uws (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
sooo who got this letter today? anyone planning go to uws?
i think i might do it.. got nothing to lose and if i do well in it maybe i can aim for a higher uai course.. like psych or something..
gotta get in early though.. one of the days is the same as the MQ open day so i dont wanna be put there if i dont get it on the sunday

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
what exactly is the ret anyway? lol...i go to UWS and dont know what it is...hehehe

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
*reads through the letter*
Is basically a multiple choice test (testing verbal and quantitative skills) and a written english test (testing writing skills) which goes for 3 hours.
"We recognise your HSC results might not be a true indicator of your academic potential. The Regional Entry Test (RET) can provide an additional competitive rank that can assist you to gain entry to many courses at UWS"
someone came and explained it to us at school.. if u get a uai < 10 points below what u need and u do well in ur ret test (get a score which is more than the required uai for the course) then it counts that instead i think..
oh and its only for people living in western syd (like theres a list of postcodes)

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
i got it ... but it says "STAT" ... then it says ret ...

but ... does people think its worth doing the test?

Mike iE

HSC
yeah its the STAT test, and from your STAT results, UWS gives your their own RET mark which can be used to get into a course if your UAI is below the cutoff.

I dont intend to do any courses at UWS so i dont think ill bother with it, but its a good idea.

miss_pie

HSC
getting the letter made me have a look at degrees at UWS and my nan has offered to pay for the exam so why not. then i can be near my friends in penrith

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Mike iE said:
yeah its the STAT test, and from your STAT results, UWS gives your their own RET mark which can be used to get into a course if your UAI is below the cutoff.

I dont intend to do any courses at UWS so i dont think ill bother with it, but its a good idea.
i didnt intend on doing any uws courses either.....then five minutes before the closing time for final course changes on the uac site, I changed my first preference from a course at USYD to a course at UWS

Winston

HSC
I did this last year, like basically even if your not considering UWS, do it for backup... you gotta lay out your paths and have contingency plans up your sleeves, i'm not a good example, so anyways i was hungry, so hungry badly so i ended up doing only the multiple choice, and then i left LOL... cause i was that hungry, what a waste of money...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah got mine today and got totally confused *blinks*

im not sure if im doing it yet.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I hope that I don't end up going to UWS, but it is only $120. I would hate to miss out on the course that I wanted at UWS (although that in its self would be horrifying enough) and know that I could have easily got in with STAT...
A UWS representative came to my school and said that it used to replace your UAI/TER not just add a max. of 10 UAI points. That would have been so bizarre - e.g. getting 40 TER and then doing law...

J

jhakka

Mum wants me to do the Ret so I have something to fall back on if all else fails.

olay

HSC
kimmeh said:
I got mine too. i know i dont want to go to uws. i dont think i want to pay 120 for something that i know thats not going towards what i want to do..
ditto. and don't u guys think theres a slim chance it'll be used - if u look at the scenarios it seems like theres only a small possibility that you can use the RET scores...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
olay do u mean there arent many courses u can use ret for?
because i was lookin on the site and its only these courses that u cant use the ret for..
700540 Bachelor of Arts (Applied Humanities)
700805 Bachelor of Aviation (Flying)
700810 Bachelor of Aviation (Distance Education)
704200 Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) Conversion
705600 Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry)
705625 Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry)
705650 Bachelor of Laws (Non-Graduate Entry)
707885 Bachelor of Performance, Theory and Practice
708175 Bachelor of Electronic Arts
708200 Bachelor of Fine Arts
708225 Bachelor of Music

but yeh i guess im not confident that i will get the 86 i need for primary ed so yeh.. for some people who know they will get above 95 or whatever im sure they dont need to do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)