RIP all those innocent victims who died post- 9/11 (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
It is that time of year again where the free world mourns the death of 3000+ innocent civilians who lost their lives on September the 11th 2001. I thought id create a thread to pay similar respects to the victims who have suffered a similar fate due to mans hunger for revenge...... in the Afghanistan & Iraq wars.

Rest in peace to them as well.

Last edited:

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I was in year 5 when 9/11 happened. I saw it first thing in the morning when I turned on the TV before school. I remember not getting any sleep that night, because I was scared stiff.

I still feel uneasy when people mention it...

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i remember the day exactly. came to school and everyone is talking about "world trade centers"...i was in year 8 at the time. it was a rainy day in Sydney. i didnt know anything about pentagons and towers other than the fact some crazy guy blew them up.

following assembly our principal had a talk about the tragedy and said there should be no reason for anything political or religious related to be discussed in school hours and anyone doing so will be asked to have such discussion with the principal himself.....just a scare tactic. LOL

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lock this fucking thread it spits on the face of the victims of 9/11. Sickens me that a Muslim who obviously supported the attacks is laughing at the deaths of all of those innocent Americans. Take your jihad elsewhere

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
i remember the day exactly. came to school and everyone is talking about "world trade centers"...i was in year 8 at the time. it was a rainy day in Sydney. i didnt know anything about pentagons and towers other than the fact some crazy guy blew them up.

following assembly our principal had a talk about the tragedy and said there should be no reason for anything political or religious related to be discussed in school hours and anyone doing so will be asked to have such discussion with the principal himself.....just a scare tactic. LOL
How were you in year 8 in 2001? I was in year 8 in 2001. And it wasn't raining.

I remember I woke up that morning to my radio alarm. The talkshow hosts were talking about it and I thought they were discussing some new action movie or something. Surreal.

My father was about to board a plane in London to Boston when it happened. He didn't.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
How were you in year 8 in 2001? I was in year 8 in 2001. And it wasn't raining.

I remember I woke up that morning to my radio alarm. The talkshow hosts were talking about it and I thought they were discussing some new action movie or something. Surreal.

My father was about to board a plane in London to Boston when it happened. He didn't.
year 7 LOL

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Farfour said:
It was raining dude.
No it wasn't. It was partly cloudly. At least in Wahroonga.

I distinctly remember sunshine at some point in the day, and definitely no rain (though it rained the night before, I think).

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
It rained as all hell during the prayer service at the middle of the day at around 1ish at Milsons Pt because I remember Disano was doing the whole "through the valley of death" rant and then it got super cloudy and thundery and started raining when he was ranting about god and stuff and it was hell of profound

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
'Twas a very cloudy year 7 day when my parents woke me up for school and started telling me there were "Attacks on America". I was like Wha? Then I found out that, when coming back from a screening of "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" the previous night, they had witnessed the second plane crashing, live. Anyway, I went to school knowing about the "Attacks on America". Little did I know the extent of the attack until my Library (Double library class). We all spent the whole double period on the computers, browsing CNN, feeling a strange sense disbelief. We weren't sad, we were actually kind of excited - it was exhilarating; never before, since we had entered adolescense, had something so significant happened on the world stage. What would happen now? The fact that it was a human tragedy on a large scale only hit me a few days later when the cable news started broadcasting videos of New Yorkers appearing on television holding up photos of their family and asking the public if anyone had seen them

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah I remember just feeling really really exited because it meant we were one minute closer to midnight when the true character of man would be revealed.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Farfour said:
Yeah I remember just feeling really really exited because it meant we were one minute closer to midnight when the true character of man would be revealed.
lol what

I was hysterical after I realised that everyone on the bus, and the radio, probably werent confusing it with a film. We spent the day floating ideas about conscription and bomb shelters.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I remember watching it fuck it doing it live. Also OP: Maybe if all the muslims stopped killing each other we'd get somewhere.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Meh... edited due to sensitive nature.

Heroic survivors are heroic, etc.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I remember I woke up really early for some reason, and it was on tv and I was like "meh, misc. explosions, no biggie".

Apparently not.

Then I got put on the behaviour record for talking about it in History class.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember 9/11 as my first day of Year 5 camp on the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane. I woke up that morning before I left and my dad had been up all night watching TV, and saw the planes fly into the towers live. It felt so surreal and I couldn't understand it. Naturally, all week when we were at camp, we couldn't watch TV or listen to the radio, so all the students were terrified of what was happening, and we just didn't understand what was going on.

Pretty scary stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)