Roy & HG back in Aunty's arms (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Roy & HG back in Aunty's arms
February 14, 2005

COMEDIANS Roy and HG are returning to the ABC to host a weekly entertainment show on Saturday nights.

Titled, The Memphis Trousers Half Hour, the show will feature John Doyle as Rampaging Roy Slaven and Greg Pickhaver as HG Nelson, talking about issues ranging from sports to current affairs, showbiz and politics.

"To be handed the news, sport, entertainment and cultural hot-spot at 9.30pm Saturday night is like giving a couple of hungry lads the strawberry on top of the TV sponge cake," Pickhaver said.

"A scalding 30-minutes on Saturday night during the football season is a terrific canvas which will allow Roy and yours truly to bark at the moon, while bringing Australians up-to-speed with the events of the week – should they have been too busy hacking away at the coalface of employment or having spent the last seven days in a cupboard."

To be recorded in front of a live studio audience, The Memphis Trousers Half Hour will premiere on the ABC on March 12.

The duo launched their careers as satirical sports pundits on the ABC's radio station Triple J.
woohoo. :)

chepas

HSC
Yay!!!!!!!!

John Doyle and Greg Pickhaver? I didn't know that...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
yeah, budget cut-backs after paying off bec cartwright to marry loser boy.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
is the dream in athens going to come out on dvd?
Yes, its already out... i have seen at HMV and Sanity and places like that... it wont be on sale for long, because if they sell out, they are not restocking... so Better Hurry

Yay i cant wait... i love Roy and HG- I missed them on TV every night at 11.00-11.30 During Athens... Tee hee i love the dream

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Yes, its already out... i have seen at HMV and Sanity and places like that... it wont be on sale for long, because if they sell out, they are not restocking... so Better Hurry

Yay i cant wait... i love Roy and HG- I missed them on TV every night at 11.00-11.30 During Athens... Tee hee i love the dream
oh, ill have to look out for it. i havent seen it anywhere.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
is the dream in athens going to come out on dvd?
its been out for ages!

and YAYAYAYAYAYAY @ roy and hg returning to our screens
thanks for that bit of news jonathan!

*kisses absolution*

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
i feel deprived. ive never seen the dream in athens on dvd anywhere.
*cries*
well you havent been looking hard enough have you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)