• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

RUSSIA- groups (1 Viewer)

Amber

Hey, we went to a study day, i think it was in orange, anyway, the guy said his prediction for Russia is that it will involve the secret police as the group. I have VERY few notes on these, and if anyone could send me some notes on this group and any other group, it would be greatly ppreciated, also, if anyone could tell me what kinda things u would write about if it is the secre police

amyb

I think obviously you would write about how, under the Tsars the Okhrana was the secret police. Then, you would refer to the Cheka, the Communists' secret police. Then link the two showing how the totalitarian/authoritarian state had not really been changed. There had merely been a change in the name of the opressors. NB. Referring to change/continuity is VERY important. It is a syllabus point, and shows that you can make an ASSESSMENT and ANALYSE the period.
The Cheka were used for enforcing the grain requisition under War Communism, and NEP. They helped carry out the Purges, they enforced the authoritarian state...pretty much they were the soldiers of the Communists who kept everyone in-line...i mean, they did wipe out the Kulaks!
Hope that helps a little.

Eeko

Banned
secret police
just write about the efficiency of the cheka, nkvd, kgb etc..

and then draw a picture of stalin on ur test paper and walk out

i assure u ofa pass

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
talk about how Trotsky and Lenin saw terrorism and communism as invariably linked, ie "how can we succeed without the most cruel terror" and how they used the Secret Police groups to enforce the harsh policies which they saw as necessary for success of the "revolution" which is really just political power of hte Bolsheviks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)