• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

russia half yearly question (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
our question in the half yearlies on RUSSIA...
although i dont quite remember the exact wording, it was something like....

account for the Bolsheviks in combating counter revolution between 1918 and 1924.

just wondering, what would u ppl have written down for that question?? just a list of helpful syllabus points would be good, just wanna see if i did it ok :(

thanks guys

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
russia questions

Hey there..
well if i was doing that essay questions the main points i will discuss would be :
the civil war and thats role in consolidating bolshevik power as it defeated the decentralised reds. (how it established and maintained a bolshevik state)
how lenin and trosky banned numerous religions and took over church land.
How in the session, after the bloodless coup in 1917, trotsky (being a briliant orator) gained the upper hand because as the mensheviks and social revolutionaries left the seeiosn, he stated they were being consigned to the watsepaper basket of history where they belong! (GOOD CALL !!)
discuss the secret police CHEKA
mYBE a bit of war communism (famine and starvation affected peasantry) and how it re-enforced the unpopular methods of the bolsheviks
also talk of krosdat uprising where trostky acted as Lenins second in command in supressin the revolt!)
Mybe also sum info on the NEP would be helpfuul aswell

Well thats sort of how id answer it wif maybe a few extra points hear and there.. hope it helps !
I hope u did okay in ur test too

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
pig_93 said:
our question in the half yearlies on RUSSIA...
although i dont quite remember the exact wording, it was something like....

account for the Bolsheviks in combating counter revolution between 1918 and 1924.

just wondering, what would u ppl have written down for that question?? just a list of helpful syllabus points would be good, just wanna see if i did it ok :(

thanks guys
- Talk about Marxist theory, in these early days it always superficially justified their responses...despite Lenin's dubious intentions.
- Formation and consolidation of the Sovnarkom - Stalin was elected to it without actually being there.
- With the destruction of religion, also say that action drew power away from those loyal to the king for religion held the tsar as all-powerful.
- Role of Bolshevik propagandists in disuading counter-revolutionaries

Combined with what twiggy said, there are essentially two parts:

- The good they did to defend their support-base
- The bad they did to disuade/punish Whites

pig_93

HSC
shit!
i didnt put much of what Gavrillio said...
i did like civil war, early reforms, the elections (con assembly) winning over the prov govt etc
basically the front bit of the syllabus
lol this is bad i shouldnt have asked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)