S.O.S. Ramesside Society (1 Viewer)

cherry-toes

hunger strike
HSC
My teacher isn't exactly helpful in this section as she thinks we can do the majority of the syllabus just by each person doing a speech on one point and then making a summary of their notes that they used for it for the class.

So basically im up the creek cause i dont have the most energetic and productive class and would desperately love any knowledge/texts/articles or general assistance/information on these points of the period which Im skint on.

Section 2 Social structure and political organisation:
- scribes, artisans and agricutlural workers
- nature and role of the army
- roles and status of non-royal women
- economic exchange

Section 4 religoin, death and burial:
- festivals: opet, beautiful feast of the valley, Heb-Sed
- funerary texts: specifically Am Duat (book of what is in the Nhetherworld) and Book of the Gates.

Section 6 everyday life:
- housing and furniture
- occupations

Okay sorry its so long, thanks for reading it all this way and thanks in advance if you can help me!

X

xeuyrawp

Sorry about the late reply, just saw the thread.

Have you tried the resource section at the front of this site? There's quite a bit there on Ramesside society.

If you need any other specific help, I can give it to you, but you've got such a broad area that it's kinda hard.

smurfygirl

HSC
N/A
The text Egypt in the Ramesside Society by McCorquodale is pretty good. It's organised by bullet point.

You need to make sure that you cover both 19th and 20th dynasty. Most students will do 19th well (Ramses II), but are a bit vague on 20th. Ramses III (20th) is pretty straightforward.

X

xeuyrawp

smurfygirl said:
The text Egypt in the Ramesside Society by McCorquodale is pretty good. It's organised by bullet point.
I've never been able to get my claws on it. I assume it's all HSC textbooky? She's doing her PhD research on the Old Kingdom, so nfi why she's writing that book! :p

You need to make sure that you cover both 19th and 20th dynasty. Most students will do 19th well (Ramses II), but are a bit vague on 20th. Ramses III (20th) is pretty straightforward.
Yup, good advice.

You should also be looking a bit at Ramses XI as well - there are a lot of important papyri and letters; eg the Taxation Papyrus and the House List Papyrus.

At least mention the pharaohs of the later 20th dynasty.

smozdaddy

HSC
Didn't expect so many people to know of McCorqoudales book.

I do agree however that McCorqoudales book is excellent. Although i may be biased, considering she also happens to be my teacher :p

X

xeuyrawp

smozdaddy said:
Didn't expect so many people to know of McCorqoudales book.

I do agree however that McCorqoudales book is excellent. Although i may be biased, considering she also happens to be my teacher :p
I only know of the book because I know her. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)