N/A
hey..
wud ne1 know the scaling for food tech?
i heard it scales u down...
does it really??

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't know that 'you' can be scaled down, but Food Technology is a course which generally has below-average scaling, yes.

aditya

HSC
i was just gonn apost a thread saying how good food techonology scales...

i mean im assuming that 90% is easy to come by, but i was checking out sam xp and food tech scales really good if do manage to get above 92...

like really good... like equivalent to some of the sciences if you compare difficulty etc... check it out for urself, and compare ur scaled marks in food tech to thsoe in other subjects, ull b e pleasantly surprised =)

what kind of marks do u get anyway? im really curious

nik_noodle

HSC
im on an average of about 97-98% so im pretty stoked with that. My teacher told me if i dont get in the top 1/2 of a band 6 she's gonna come after me with a carving knife :p
i didnt realise it scaled so well if you achieved good marks. i thought it still went down but not by as much.
I dont think it shud be scaled down anyway. ppl assume its such an easy subject but there is copious amounts of content in it in order to understand it fully.
does ne1 else agree?

^___ShabS___^

i dont think there is "copious amounts of content in it".......if u go according to the syllabus.... there isnt too much in it compared to subjects like bio, business and legal......keep everything brief...

so if u get 92+ u'll get scaled up pretty high.... cool i didnt know that....i thoguht FT scaled u down even if u get 98..!
i usually get all the short answers right... but i stuff up in the essays, i get between 10-15 out of 20.....!?!? its coz i dont practise ...........

but how do u write essays for Food tech anyway.....is it just that its a extended repsone without a structure...???
+
do u guys really care when the dot points in Food tech ask u to analyse, evaluate etc... (i never cared and i got full marks)....hmm... i wonder why!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
nik_noodle said:
I dont think it shud be scaled down anyway. ppl assume its such an easy subject but there is copious amounts of content in it in order to understand it fully.
does ne1 else agree?
Again, scaling of subject has nothing to do with the amount OR the difficulty of the subject. Food tech generally scale down because the candidates doing the course is not as academically strong compared to students doing, say, chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)