Scaling (1 Viewer)

Devozzzz

HSC
Since the 2U maths test was apparently harder this year then previously, what would an 83 roughly scale up to when they calculate your ATAR?

Cheers :)

HSC
If your HSC mark was 83, then that's the final mark and it's what you got (already scaled up).

Devozzzz

HSC
Yeah, I just wanted to know how much more an 83 this year would impact an Atar compared to last year (keeping in mind this years was harder). So e.g. would an 83 this year be equivalent to an 85 last year?

hyphea

HSC
From the link:

How are extension courses scaled?

For most extension courses the scaled means and standard deviations are determined by the performance of the extension students on the corresponding 2-unit course.

Is this determined from candidature of the 2u students that year?

Also, apologies for hijacking, but is it possible that the atar calculators are not accurate if your hsc marks and your examination mark differ by a lot, since they use the raw mark right?

D94

HSC
N/A
The UAC scaling system doesn't have much meaning for individual subjects. You do not get another set of 'scaled' marks. All you get is your ATAR from UAC.

In other words, don't even worry about it; also, scaling is carried out afresh each year, so we can't tell you.

Lina3

HSC
Scaling is done by UAC. I got an ATAR estimate and its was decent but that's because originally I thought scaling has already been done with the marks we got today...then I realized it is yet to be done and I've completely lost hope :( :( My marks are alright but they are not 'intense' subjects like extension maths and the sciences and will probably scale down :'( I seriously feel like crying.

Last edited:
HSC
Scaling is done by UAC. I got an ATAR estimate and its was decent but that's because originally I thought scaling has already been done with the marks we got today...then I realized it is yet to be done and I've completely lost hope :( :( My marks are alright but they are not 'intense' subjects like extension maths and the sciences and will probably scale down :'( I seriously feel like crying.
Don't worry if you use the ATAR calculators, the scaling would have been done in line with the previous years' results and it would be relatively similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)