Scholarships - Supporting documents (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone have any idea of how supporting documents should look like/ sound. If anyone has a sample can you please lmk (pm me if it's private). I've been to a private certified piano teacher who isn't sure how she should write one so if anyone could help this would be greatly appreciated.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
What application is it for? because the information you need to include varies because each scholarship you need to demonstrate different skills

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
What application is it for? because the information you need to include varies because each scholarship you need to demonstrate different skills
I am applying for "UNSW 2022 General Merit Undergraduate".

These are the criterias:
  • Academic merit
  • School and community leadership roles
  • Commitment to extra-curricular activities (such as music, sport, debating, leadership programs, community and volunteer work etc)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I am applying for "UNSW 2022 General Merit Undergraduate".

These are the criterias:
  • Academic merit
  • School and community leadership roles
  • Commitment to extra-curricular activities (such as music, sport, debating, leadership programs, community and volunteer work etc)
You fill out the application as normal (you have to answer a range of questions with each scholarship application at UNSW).

Documentation is this:
1631861295243.png

It's mostly just school reports and if they wanted anything specific

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
The part where you are meant to actually show your skills and stuff is in the general questions section. Supporting doc is just for making sure or giving evidence that you are not lying about things

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
You fill out the application as normal (you have to answer a range of questions with each scholarship application at UNSW).

Documentation is this:
View attachment 32182

It's mostly just school reports and if they wanted anything specific
There are no questions for this scholarships it's just documents. I just need assistance on how a supporting document for extra curriculars should sound like and what it should entail.
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 4.54.51 pm.png

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
There's no specific questions there but UNSW has a general application you submit with everything. Once you sign up on the scholarships website, you need to answer a series of general questions:
This stuff:
1631862422518.png

That is basically the application questions for most of the scholarships that they offer. You talk about extracurriculars, leadership etc. there.

States here what you need. It's mainly like certificates or report or reference letter

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
There's no specific questions there but UNSW has a general application you submit with everything. Once you sign up on the scholarships website, you need to answer a series of general questions:
This stuff:
View attachment 32184

That is basically the application questions for most of the scholarships that they offer. You talk about extracurriculars, leadership etc. there.

States here what you need. It's mainly like certificates or report or reference letter
Yep yep that's a requirement before you can actually apply for the scholarship.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you talking about like you need reference letters and you're unsure what the person who is writing that reference letter needs to include?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Precisely https://www.scholarships.unsw.edu.a...umentionGuide_UNSWScholarshipsApplication.pdf It's because she hasn't done a reference letter before so she's not sure what to include and the guide isn't really that explicit with it.
Ahhhh right. It doesn't need to be too long, probably half a page to a page is enough.

Paragraphs roughly I would write would be:
- good qualities you have: for example work ethic, dedication, good manners and interactions with people etc.
- awards or achievements that are notable: like for example you won some competition, performed somewhere, got a certain level certificate
- future stuff: like he would be good in this degree because of the skills mentioned and etc

min min

HSC
Ahhhh right. It doesn't need to be too long, probably half a page to a page is enough.

Paragraphs roughly I would write would be:
- good qualities you have: for example work ethic, dedication, good manners and interactions with people etc.
- awards or achievements that are notable: like for example you won some competition, performed somewhere, got a certain level certificate
- future stuff: like he would be good in this degree because of the skills mentioned and etc
Hey! I was wondering if unsw really checks the supporting documents. Like do they call at our school for confirmation or not?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey! I was wondering if unsw really checks the supporting documents. Like do they call at our school for confirmation or not?
No idea. I don't know the process for how they select and review applications. There is a lot of money on the line in these types of scholarships and they have a responsibility to the donors of the scholarship to ensure it's assessed and awarded in a certain process. Either way it's not a good idea to make up something for that type of application since if there is an interview involved or you need to provide referees or some actual documentation you will put yourself in a bad position. You might be applying for a scholarship but you might mess up your chance to get into the actual degree if they discover something. Universities in general take academic misconduct very seriously more so than in a school so make of that what you will.

min min

HSC
No idea. I don't know the process for how they select and review applications. There is a lot of money on the line in these types of scholarships and they have a responsibility to the donors of the scholarship to ensure it's assessed and awarded in a certain process. Either way it's not a good idea to make up something for that type of application since if there is an interview involved or you need to provide referees or some actual documentation you will put yourself in a bad position. You might be applying for a scholarship but you might mess up your chance to get into the actual degree if they discover something. Universities in general take academic misconduct very seriously more so than in a school so make of that what you will.
I was only wondering if I could slip in a couple of made up extracurriculars. So do you suggest I should avoid that?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I was only wondering if I could slip in a couple of made up extracurriculars. So do you suggest I should avoid that?
It is still the same thing to make up stuff on this type of application. Just like the other commenter said you don't know how thorough they are in terms of checking validity of things. I would assume they would look very closely at people who they consider on a short-list to get the scholarship to verify the information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)