• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School Chem Prac Exams '07 (1 Viewer)

Shadowulf

HSC
im just wondering how other schools are going with thier chem, and what type of exam they had for thier practical

my chem prac involved 2 tasks to be done within 1 hour.

Task 1 was creating a molecular model detailing the polymerization process which resulted in polyethylene

You also needed base it off a provided flow chart, and describe the steps in the process with appropriate molecular and structural formulas.

Task 2 was to play with unknowns W, X, Y and Z. We dont know exactly what is what, but we are told there is water, ammonia, acetic acid, and Sodium Chloride solution.

We were also provided with the 4 indicators Bromothymol Blue, Methyl Red, Bromo-whatsitcalled Green, and phenolpthalein, also a chart with the pH ranges of about 12 indicators excluding universal. there were 8 test tubes.

Our task was to write up a method which would let us determine what substance is what, and draw up an appropriate table illustrating how we came to our conclusion.

Task 2 really confused me coz on the chart, the 4 indicators provided were scattered so i had to keep checking with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)