• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School of Medicine (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
I just found out that the University of Notre Dame is planning to open a Medical School in Sydney due in 2008 and UWS has just opened their Medical School this year too.

So I'm wondering if UTS will plan any time soon to open a School of Medicine? I mean now we will soon have UNSW, USyd, Uni of Newcastle, UOW, UWS and Notre Dame offering MBBS!

Will UTS be plannin to follow suit or consider any plans.. Or not...

Also does the UNI's choose to introduce Medicine or is it something the government decides or the AMC decides.?

Haha just bored - What are your views on this?

Also if your interested on reading about the new Med School at Notre Dame heres the link, http://www.nd.edu.au/sydney/colleges/medicine/index.shtml

Last edited:

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
no, UTS have no facilities to accomodate a a medicine faculty due to space restrictions and cost.

this was seen by the closing down of the st. leonards campus with talk not long ago, ~2 years ago about shutting the Kuring-gai campus as well.

although granted, if UTS did go ahead with purchasing new land e.t.c. a medicine faculty is possible. However I highly doubt it at this stage and in the new future

I had a doctor or professor or whatever at uni. tell me this, so /shrug. can't remember everything, but that's the gest of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)