school sends in wrong assessment marks (1 Viewer)

bobbilljack

HSC
okay there are all these deadlines and what not.

say on december 17th when your results are released and you look at them and realise instead of getting band 6 you got band 2 because the school sent in the wrong assessment marks to the board of studies. the teacher may have read the roll list wrong.

is it too late once you get the results?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
As far as I know, it is too late - you had your chance to review it when the Assessment Rank Order Notice was released in November, at which point you could have sought an administrative review from the school and from OBOS. Although even then, it's probably worth talking to your HSC coordinator or principal and seeing if they have anything to say about it.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
okay there are all these deadlines and what not.

say on december 17th when your results are released and you look at them and realise instead of getting band 6 you got band 2 because the school sent in the wrong assessment marks to the board of studies. the teacher may have read the roll list wrong.

is it too late once you get the results?

Simple answer - yes.

You should have checked the BOS site after the HSC and dealt with the situation then.

You do have to take some responsibility for your results and that is the time to do it.

Teachers can and do make mistakes - we are human afterall but... students also have a responsibility to check things at the appropriate time and that is in November, after the final HSC exam when you check that the rank the BOS has is the right one. The marks that the school sends in are only relevant to work out the ranks and the gaps, which is why the marks aren't posted but the ranks are.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Simple answer - yes.

You should have checked the BOS site after the HSC and dealt with the situation then.

You do have to take some responsibility for your results and that is the time to do it.

Teachers can and do make mistakes - we are human afterall but... students also have a responsibility to check things at the appropriate time and that is in November, after the final HSC exam when you check that the rank the BOS has is the right one. The marks that the school sends in are only relevant to work out the ranks and the gaps, which is why the marks aren't posted but the ranks are.
How do you check them? :)

shell.q

HSC
I had trouble with my ranking last year, i was ranked 14th in my aboriginal studies class where i new it wasnt right as far as i knew i was 2nd. which was it... I just went up to the school and was changed the next day....as with hsc results you can debate them with your school and bos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)