School = Stress someone HELP (1 Viewer)

rachelmcdermott

HSC
And i quote "Yr 11 and 12 are the best years of your life" un quote, what a load of crap!!

It may be so that yr11 is nearly ending but that doesn't mean the stress stops. There was i in class today, so proud of myself because i just handed in my last assignment 4 yr 11 booo ya'll!!! Until i get into my adv class and my teachers tells me my yearly exams are my life, i must work my arse off and if i didn't have a study plan i was screwed. English is life.. mY school is sufficating me, we have to work i'm not kidding 24 7 and we are expected to work 4 hours after school. I get no sleep, i'm stressed and i hate the world because of it...
People tell me not to stress i'm tellin ya its impossible!!!!

I doubt myself, i can't do this i tell ya i'm so fricken stressed because my teachers expect perfection because to them school is life... School isn't life, school is meant to help u get started for life not KILL U IN THE PROCESS, there are ppl who have killed themselfs becaus of the HSC, shouldn't that tell teachers to stop tryin to cram down so much work into a head, we can only handle so much!!

Anyone got any advice i soughta need it!!

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
dont worry so much about school...u just have to ride it out and it'll get better! :) just think of it this way- another 2 months of school and its finito. i never really got into the habit of making a study timetable, just learnt how to manipulate time to better suit me. like waking up an hour early to do schoolwork. i found that working in the morning suited me best cos at night i was bloody tired after school. maybe u should try that?

and if u must work @ night, just go for a run/take dog for a walk/etc just before that...it clears your head.

good luck with the hsc :)

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
Change your environment. Try find a hot nerdy chick to study with. Study with other people. Just a random idea, but yeah dont really think it works either.

HSC
Study plans lol...what a load of crap. I never have study plans, yet I've come first in everything except maths (the only truly hard subject, least for me) in my hsc trials.

That's not to say you shouldn't have study plans, I just cbf.

You need to stop listening to teachers and other people.
You need to start listening to music a lot.
You need to find a way to release stress and have fun. For me, it's simple....computer gaming, mount biking, lifting weights, etc.

Do what you find most fun in life, at any time you like. Never let school dictate your life. Never. Unless you have an exam coming up within 2 days, you can always have fun.

I'm playing games every day now, even though I have HSC in like...6 weeks. I'm not playing a LOT, but I am taking things very very easy atm.

Also have rest-study cycles. After exams or tests go nuts, and don't study - just have fun for days :)

What activities do you enjoy dong?

Pace_T

HSC
rachelmcdermott said:
And i quote "Yr 11 and 12 are the best years of your life" un quote, what a load of crap!!

It may be so that yr11 is nearly ending but that doesn't mean the stress stops. There was i in class today, so proud of myself because i just handed in my last assignment 4 yr 11 booo ya'll!!! Until i get into my adv class and my teachers tells me my yearly exams are my life, i must work my arse off and if i didn't have a study plan i was screwed. English is life.. mY school is sufficating me, we have to work i'm not kidding 24 7 and we are expected to work 4 hours after school. I get no sleep, i'm stressed and i hate the world because of it...
People tell me not to stress i'm tellin ya its impossible!!!!

I doubt myself, i can't do this i tell ya i'm so fricken stressed because my teachers expect perfection because to them school is life... School isn't life, school is meant to help u get started for life not KILL U IN THE PROCESS, there are ppl who have killed themselfs becaus of the HSC, shouldn't that tell teachers to stop tryin to cram down so much work into a head, we can only handle so much!!

Anyone got any advice i soughta need it!!

your teachers are idiots. they shouldnt be pushing you guys that hard to perform well. besides its yr11 for christ sake, get 0 and it doesnt make a difference!
dont aim for the goals the ones around you set. the goals you should be aiming for are the ones you set yourself.
gosh i wish i had a teacher push me as hard as you suggest. i'd tell em to mind their own god damn business. they're only doing it for themselves, they want their classes to perform well so it reflects their job and that way they appear better as teachers.

rachelmcdermott

HSC
Yeah u's are definatly right about the not stressing thing, but its easier said then done, but that is because i am a ball of stress, i snap at the littlest things, i erupt, maybe, even though exams are in 11 days i need to take a big deep breath and chill. Shit, i haven't even studied yeah i'm screwed!!

But thanks 4 the advice i' taken it on board

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)