• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School Very Unhelpful (1 Viewer)

m-logicq

I'm currently in Year 11, and I'm looking at picking up Extension 2 for next year, but it seems my school is being VERY unhelpful. Apparently, they've never considered it before, and don't want to becaus they seem to think it will hurt my UAI. Lack of staff was also given as another bullshit excuse. I've organised a meeting with my principal on Wednesday, but it still may not go ahead.

This course is something I really want to take on. I was wondering if any 4u students could give me a bit of an overview of the course so I can explain what it's about to the principal who seems to have a severe lack of knowledge of EE2.

Also, is it possible to take on the extra unit of english at another school?

P.S. I go to Casula High School. Forgot to add that.

J

jhakka

You could print off the syllabus to show what's expected in the course. Since it's independant and only three assessments (proposal, viva voce and report) are marked, there shouldn't be too much work for the teacher (apart from proofreading, editing, etc) if that's one of their arguments.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
That's bullshit it will hurt your UAI for one. It's a 4unit course.

Like jhakka said, it's really not a lot of work for your teacher. If you manage to find a decent mentor, chances are they will barely have to read it throughout the year.

I think it's a great course, and if I were you I'd keep pushing, go as high up as you need to.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Hey,

My cousin went to casula two years ago and they refused to run an Ext 1 class. Really, the thing about Ext 2 is that it is your work. Your working on something your passionate about. Let them know this. All you need is a teacher to mark your assesments and read a draft or so. If you have a teacher you like, ask them to be your mentor, work hard with them to produce your MW. Most importantly, make sure you dont hate the teacher you end up with!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
shit like that makes me want to become a teacher

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Hey guys, this is m-logicq...changing my name cos the q was a type-o pissing me off. Taxman is so much cooler anyway.

My school is fully fobbing me off at the mo'. Waiting for my Yr 11 results apparently. The thing I'm worried about is the dead-line passing and missing out because of my principal's laziness....and I'm bugging him every day.

Anyway, I gotta go study for my exams in order to prove the bastard wrong. Go me!

mayhemily

HSC
lol fight to the death if u really wanna do it. I wonder if u can do it by distance ed? But yeh its not like the teacher needs to do much anyway, they don't even need to write the assessments - my teacher got mine from another school. SO yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)