• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sclg1001 (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Does anyone do it and really enjoy it?

I find it a pretensious wank, but maybe that's just me (or my cunting tutor).

The essay was pretty shit, and most of the course seems to be enough common sense to make it trite and boring.

Discuss.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i like it. not enough to continue beyond this semester however. i was expecting something more in-depth i guess. speaking of this subject i better do that online tute ay. whoops.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I find it interesting to a degree, but I agree, a bit of a wank at times, depending on the topic being discussed. I'm glad it's compulsory for me though, otherwise I would be annoyed I chose it, because it's okay as a compulsory subject, but not a chosen one.

Out of interest, who is your tutor?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
haha yeah I just did mine. Basically just get the gist of what the others are talking about and then just wank on from there :p

I'm pretty sure I'm dropping next semester, but I'm not sure what else to do. I heard that anthropology is like sociology, but less shit. Any thoughts? lol

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
It's compulsory? wow. What others of yours are? My tutor is lynda blanchard.

ummmm hope she doesn't come on here...

But I find that psych (social) basically covers all the most interesting aspects - well for me.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
It's shit. I haven't gone to a lecture since before easter break, I didn't do the last online tutorial and I haven't done this weeks one which was meant to be done yesterday.
I did the assignment on the day it was due by copying out the textbook, including the references in the textbook. This subject is shit.

It is however, remarkably easy

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ennaybur said:
It's compulsory? wow. What others of yours are? My tutor is lynda blanchard.

ummmm hope she doesn't come on here...

But I find that psych (social) basically covers all the most interesting aspects - well for me.
i have lynda too, i don't mind her though. she has a comforting voice lol. and my tute is last thing in the day when im usually le tired so its a nice backdrop to fall asleep to sometimes...not that i do that :eek: but yeah she's ok.

gelina

HSC
Dropped it. Have to pay the $400-600ish HECS later on, but whatever. Shat unit.
Dropped Sociology 2 for Sem 2 as well.

HSC
N/A
Hey ruby!
I hated first year sociology. Its soo damn broad, especially first semester. I liked second semester better though. I had Lynda as a tutor too. Lol, shes a little sarcastic at times (if you walk in ten minutes late shes says something like "Oh, it's so nice of you to finally join us...welcome, come in, come in.." *glares at you*)

But yes, she has a comforting voice, as mentioned.

I hated the essay, the marking criteria was weird as far as i remember. Its all bullshit. Second year is better.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Apprentice, how are they marking-wise for the first exam? Harsh? Fair?

Is anyone else shitting themselves about how they went in the essay?

HSC
N/A
gawwd. I dont even remember the exam. Its all a blur. They mark pretty reasonably i assume. If too many people fail, they need to account for it. And because this is an arts subject and the marking criteria is so vague, this is difficult to do. So i suppose you should have a good chance of passing.

Having said that, i had some trouble passing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)