scraping the bumper (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
today i was at my friends house nd his driveway is very steep uphill and i went to reverse out of it and i scraped the whole fucken front bottom of my bumper on the gutter
completely fucked :(
the car is dropped but with a stock bumper

is it worth fixing up coz i was planning to sell it so i can get a better front.. (mind u this one is going to be lower............ lol) or r these front bumpers always like that and ppl dont care coz u cant see it if ur not on the ground and looking under the car?
the front on it now isn't probly worth much anyway coz its got scratches/chips n shit the whole shebang aye?

7th Sign

HSC
Ummm if you need a whole new bumper it will cost a bit...like cost of bumper + getting the paint right + fitting it...

or you could get a sander and use some high gritt paper and do a re spray yourself...

or you could just leave it...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If its not visible then leave it.

If it is then depending on the extent of the damage (and if your car is a stock colour) then you could sand it back and use a touch up spray and achieve a reasonable finnish for <$20.

To replace the front bar will be quiet expensive as for obvious reasons they are sought after parts and are in short supply I would expect $200 for the bar`and then another $200 for a professional spray (more if its an unusual paint).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
just wondering how can you tell if you've scraped under the front bumper considerably? I might've hit that thing in the ground in parking lots before and was wondering if it's easy to see if damaged or not- car is black so... kinda hard to see things isn't it?

7th Sign

HSC
Another idea could be gettign a after market front lip for you car...this could hide the damage...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
seremify007 said:
just wondering how can you tell if you've scraped under the front bumper considerably? I might've hit that thing in the ground in parking lots before and was wondering if it's easy to see if damaged or not- car is black so... kinda hard to see things isn't it?
If you cant see it then it doesnt matter.....

Pace_T

HSC
i cant see any damage when im standing up coz the damage is on the bottom part of the bumper

7th Sign said:
Another idea could be gettign a after market front lip for you car...this could hide the damage...
thats a pretty good idea

7th Sign

HSC
Pace_T said:
thats a pretty good idea

you can pick them up on ebay check, you car might even already have the stock holes for the front lip,

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
7th Sign said:
Ummm if you need a whole new bumper it will cost a bit...like cost of bumper + getting the paint right + fitting it...

or you could get a sander and use some high gritt paper and do a re spray yourself...

or you could just leave it...
I had to get that done, and it was around $600 for the new bumper/painting/fitting. Probably not worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)