Screwed for Business (1 Viewer)

ColdMint123

HSC
So I do MX2, MX1, English, Chem, Phys and Business.

Business is clearly my easiest subjects and over the year I've gone by doing fairly well without studying for it too much. This was mainly coz the assessments were either take home or they were tests that examined a specific part of the syllabus. But now that the trials are just around the corner, I've realized that i literally know nothing. Made a big mistake not doing any of the homework or spending time making study notes.

How do i prepare for business trials? How do i learn the content fast? I have around 7 weeks to get this down while handling my subjects.

Ive also considered just not bothering and focusing the time on my other subjects since im doing well in them. It would be better to focus time in them so i can maintain my current performance in them. But that feels a bit stupid coz i kept business as a safety net and giving up on it seems a bit ehhhh.

Any advice is appreciated :)

idkkdi

HSC
So I do MX2, MX1, English, Chem, Phys and Business.

Business is clearly my easiest subjects and over the year I've gone by doing fairly well without studying for it too much. This was mainly coz the assessments were either take home or they were tests that examined a specific part of the syllabus. But now that the trials are just around the corner, I've realized that i literally know nothing. Made a big mistake not doing any of the homework or spending time making study notes.

How do i prepare for business trials? How do i learn the content fast? I have around 7 weeks to get this down while handling my subjects.

Ive also considered just not bothering and focusing the time on my other subjects since im doing well in them. It would be better to focus time in them so i can maintain my current performance in them. But that feels a bit stupid coz i kept business as a safety net and giving up on it seems a bit ehhhh.

Any advice is appreciated :)
A week is enough if you have the brainpower to memorise a book and a syllabus. Content isn't that hard. Make sure you are able to write fast lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry, you are still able to catch up and learn Business Studies content in a timely manner! You mentioned you have approximately 7 weeks to study, which is plenty of time and will allow you to cover all business content.

If you use a textbook, read it and (if possible) make notes of things you find important/may struggle to remember. While doing so, ensure you remember as many concepts as possible according to each syllabus dot point. Alternatively, there are plenty of documents containing complete Business Studies notes which you can download and use for your studies. Using pre-made notes might be helpful if you're looking to learn the content fast and not waste your time making your own notes or reading several textbook pages. I believe you can find some on here.

You will also need some good knowledge of case studies covering all main topics, particularly for Section IV as the Section IV question you will choose will require you to incorporate case study elements to support your response. I've posted some case studies for Marketing and Human Resources recently. You may want to have a look at those:

You should focus on all your subjects. If you picked Business Studies as your backup subject, then you should ensure it serves its purpose in case it is needed and you can only do so by making sure you perform well in it. You never know what can happen and how much you may need your Business Studies mark.

All the best! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)