Script writing question (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
hi,

I can easily write an essay to Answer a question regarding the texts we have studied but I have a lot of difficulty and generally hate writing radio/tv scripts in response to the texts we have been studying.

Can some people give me advice/tips for writing scripts in response to a question regarding multiple texts that have been studied.

thanks

emca

HSC
you will be asked to write as if it were an interview between the composers of the texts. As the interviewer have some questions to ask. So if it is HSC Area of study (journeys) what does your text have to say about the concept of the journey? What was the purpose of composing the text? how do you think your text represents journeys differently to the other composers being interview today?

Ask specific questions to each composer: Michael Gow, when you were writing Away what motivated you to use shakespearan references in the play?

Look, I could help you more if you gave me the specific details of the texts you're studying, if you want to post them here I'll check later and see if I can be more specific.

Another trick is to have some talk back.
Interviewer: We have a question from Mick from Blacktown.
Mick: Hi, I'd like to say that I really enjoyed the poem The road not taken, and I'd like to ask Robert did he ever think of calling the poem the road I took?
Robert Frost: as a poet I tend to spend a lot of time reviewing my work. To be honest I had about 5 different titles for the poem. the title I decided on was a reflection of the symbolism of the choices made in the journey and the key idea in the poem that by taking the road less travelled my life journey led me to different levels of understanding than if I had have done a the run of the mill. I've never been a Contiki tour kind of traveller
Interviewer: (laughs)
Robert frost: no I'm serious, I think it is a good analogy, the contiki tour is a nice safe way to travel but you miss out on the adventure of making spur of the moment decisions on the journey, you just get on the bus and go where the bus takes you.

Note the informal style of the dialogue.
Like I said, I'll check back in a few days and if you've posted your set texts I'll help more.

good luck

ITimber

HSC
The texts are actually Brave New World & Blade Runner.

I have actually done a radio interview (script) now, which the teacher marked and i did well in. So i guess i under estimated myself.

Does the interview actually have to be with the composers of the texts?
I didn't do my script like that.

thanks

emca

HSC
if it is not with the composer it will be with characters from the texts or critiques

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)