• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Second thoughts about dropping physics. (1 Viewer)

Scryne

HSC
Since the beginning of yr 11, I knew I was going to drop physics since I was doing really bad (mostly because I mucked around for all of year 11) and it was just too hard for me. But now as the time approaches to drop a subject, I'm not sure if I really want to anymore. It's by far the most interesting science I've learnt throughout high school but I'm not really "programmed" as the studying kind of person and its not like I look forward to every lesson (also don't hate it). I'm aiming for a 70 - 80 atar and don't want to tank it just because I didn't drop physics.

shoulfer

HSC
Since the beginning of yr 11, I knew I was going to drop physics since I was doing really bad (mostly because I mucked around for all of year 11) and it was just too hard for me. But now as the time approaches to drop a subject, I'm not sure if I really want to anymore. It's by far the most interesting science I've learnt throughout high school but I'm not really "programmed" as the studying kind of person and its not like I look forward to every lesson (also don't hate it). I'm aiming for a 70 - 80 atar and don't want to tank it just because I didn't drop physics.
stick with it and actually learn it properly if you reckon its the most interesting subject. just watch the science-ready videos actual godsend https://scienceready.com.au/pages/hsc-physics

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
I, myself, feel like you should keep the subject as you seem invested in it and already have an answer to your rhetorical question "mostly because I mucked around for all of year 11'. It seems like if you put the effort in, you will definitely strive for success

Wishing you the best 😀

Dudeburger

HSC
same thing with me. When I was in year 11 I basically failed everything but the depth study ones. I was torn between dropping physics (since I sucked) or music (since I hate music) and I decided to drop music. And let me say that I am in no way gifted in math or anything, but year 12 physics is SO good! If you are genuinely interested then I highly highly recommend keeping it! I love physics so much and when I have to study (my exam is in 11 days), it doesn’t feel like a chore because I genuinely love it, and when I get a question correct it truly feels amazing, and if I get it wrong then I have to understand WHY I got it wrong, WHAT is the question asking, HOW can I understand it better, WHERE did I mess up. You can’t do physics without actually understanding it first, you could know all the equations and how to do every question but you’d never be able to do well if you don’t understand the WHY. Stick with it, understand the content, watch YouTube videos, ask questions if you don’t understand anything, find analogy’s (they help SO much) and what I do is I ask ChatGPT to explain it in dumb terms and I understand it so much better!! You got this!

mishtidoi101

HSC
same thing with me. When I was in year 11 I basically failed everything but the depth study ones. I was torn between dropping physics (since I sucked) or music (since I hate music) and I decided to drop music. And let me say that I am in no way gifted in math or anything, but year 12 physics is SO good! If you are genuinely interested then I highly highly recommend keeping it! I love physics so much and when I have to study (my exam is in 11 days), it doesn’t feel like a chore because I genuinely love it, and when I get a question correct it truly feels amazing, and if I get it wrong then I have to understand WHY I got it wrong, WHAT is the question asking, HOW can I understand it better, WHERE did I mess up. You can’t do physics without actually understanding it first, you could know all the equations and how to do every question but you’d never be able to do well if you don’t understand the WHY. Stick with it, understand the content, watch YouTube videos, ask questions if you don’t understand anything, find analogy’s (they help SO much) and what I do is I ask ChatGPT to explain it in dumb terms and I understand it so much better!! You got this!
yep definitely keep the subject ur genuinely interested in, cuz if u dont subjs u hate will become a burden to u, but doing subjects u love will motivate u to learn and put in more effort so u can get ur best achievable mark. all the best for ur studies!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)