Section 1 (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
skynet89 said:
ok i think i did ok in this section if its any consolation..

a) -wilson gathered many new perspectives and his insight about the world and its people broadened due to his encounters with many people in the city - thus he now has lots of anecdotes or "stories" to tell.

b) - salience or framing of wilson - acknowleding that HE is the one on this journey to discovery
- vector - the posters in front of him. reading path from his head down to the headlines of "stories" " NEW stories" etc etc
- background - its opaque and blurred symbolising the constant movement of the city bustle and that everywhere we go there is a journey.

c) contrast
-metapor "my writing desk is a tavern table" - stating that she envisages her world through the 18th century
- contextualisation "for most of 1999 i tried to live in 1666". and other dates that you can see and other references to that time period like bubonic plague
-juxtaposition between the depressing urban environment of those cities to the calm tranquil one of the english village with 250 people. also the contrasting views. like in the city you can dislike someone and can expect not to see them again but in a village you see eachother everyday. this has built tolerance etc

there are more techniques but they dont really fit the question well.

d) attitude = perspective
"horizon seemed the most persuasive home" - suggesting that he sees the future with many opportunities and rewards and that he wishes to seek them.
e) explain what rothwell comes to realise about his journey = what concept of journey is in this text.
- That physical journeys particularly this one that he has embarked on for 5 years has led to great change and has further enriched his knowledge about the world and its people. ---> "time of great transformations in my life " - can use superlatives as a technique.
- the learning aspect of journey can be supported by the simile "the centre were like schoolrooms to me"
- it can be a healing process or redemptive one. personification "offering its redemptive silence". shit like that the whole text is pretty clear its just about him going on a journey in australia and realising the true beauty of embarking on one like this as he notices the small things that make Australia great. like the human presence, landscape etc

f) use any of the above and combine. focus more on the differing perspectives though and backup with evidence/techniques.

eg. text 2 is an imaginary journey. - the strength of it even though its not real. "its human nature to imagine..". how this has taught her lessons about rage/passion/tolerance onces shes imagined herself in other peoples shoes (in this case 200 years ago in Eyam's body)
text 3 is a physical journey - life offers us with a continual cycle of journeys and that journeys can lead to change, growth, greater knowledge and lastly that he can truely appreciate the beauty of a country once hes seen all these little things come into piece "a mosaic, a dance of gleaming fragments"

hope thats helped.

omg i had none of that :jaw::jaw::jaw:

btw im serious

hiddenagenda

HSC
hscbec101 said:
What is wrong with u people. Section I was by far the easiest. Text three was about a man and how he had journeyed and what he had learnt. If u had used quotes from his text for the question on Text three you would have been fine. Text two was the easiest. Compare what it was like in 1666 and 1999. And Text One was about a man u made journeys from meeting others. Simple people Simple

Easy? hmm yes your simplistic explanation would have easily gotten 5/15 if you're lucky lol. Btw you're HSC 08 so wtf u onabout.

section 1 was a shift in the style of question compared to previous years where they've straight out asked for technique and effect created. I think most of the state did pretty shit on it... most of my grade were pretty annoyed by the randomness of text 3 lol. *sigh if only they had poetry xD so much easier to analyze

b-k007

HSC
that Section Was Like Wtf??? , Section 2 Quotes Were Cheap From Section1 And Wtf ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Walshy!

HSC
ahhhh...so encouraging to hear that alot of you didn't like or finish section one, just like me!! i ran out of time. wrote one sentence for the last 2 questions, which were worth 8 out of the 15 marks, so im pretty stuffed!

good luck with paper 2 tomorrow everyone!

sashmackinnon

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Gay gay gay gay gay gay gay.

Had one minute to spare, wrote 15 and a half pages. Text three - I bullshitted my way through it.
Wow dude, we do EXACTLY the same subjects! exept i do advanced english and 3 unit maths. AND I GOT FIRST IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT MATHS TOO (i got second). WHAT THE HELL!!?!?

myz

HSC
RedTape said:
I hated it, and only got to do the first two texts. :\ Ran out of time, I started with Section III and then II.
omg exact same thing here

rtener89

HSC
the only thing that came out of this section was that the guy in the pictue is a loner who cant make friends without selling gay stories

emoslitorist

HSC
Oh lord. I wrote that in text 3, the guy realised that journeys in the bush are a topic worth writing a story about. Something lame like that. Was running out of time for the 5 marker so I just wrote something dodgy without reading too much into the text.

I finished and wrote about 5 - 6 pages for it, I think, but my 5 marker wasn't written that great either, hope I get a 2 for it at most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)