Section III (1 Viewer)

bipo

In section 3, the question asked to write "an article to an educational supplement for HSC students".

Feature Article or Article

A couple of people I spoke to wrote a feature article (used an anecdote, Big starting letter, and even a box with <insert picture> in it).

I wrote more in the form of an article (that is, a feature article without all those above features and a more serious tone).

Am I wrong or are they wrong, and in what style did you write?

xanthanotus

HSC
i did the same as you and when we talked to the teachers about it out side they thought the BOS was looking for some thing similar to the handouts they give you with the outcomes of the course......ie with out pictures etc......but still using headings and dot points etc
but i guess we wont know till we get the exam comments aye!

leeraff

HSC
when it says article....either one is ok because technically a feature article is still an article.

eeyore

I wrote just a normal article.. actually thinking about it now, it wasn't much different from an essay.. :(
But I freaked when I read a post by someone saying the question was a feature article!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
mine hardly even resembles an article at all... it is my essay with a heading and authors comment thingy at the start and a bit of little chattyish ending..... the entire body is my essay pretty much word for word

vegeta_316

Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
mine hardly even resembles an article at all... it is my essay with a heading and authors comment thingy at the start and a bit of little chattyish ending..... the entire body is my essay pretty much word for word
You, me and probably around 50% of the people I reckon. :D

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
well i think the more creative u r the better it is...
but i didnt do feature article, too busy trying to fit everything in.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
yeah, i went the safe option and just basically had my body as an essay. i made it sort of like a feature article at the opening but that was just slightly manipulating an essay opening. i didnt wanna get to creative and neglect some of the rubric. i figure if ur info is good then u can guarantee yourself like a 17, although i got 20 for this part in the trial, so maybe 17 aint that good

nic_rei

HSC
Originally posted by eeyore
I wrote just a normal article.. actually thinking about it now, it wasn't much different from an essay.. :(
But I freaked when I read a post by someone saying the question was a feature article!
i wrote an essay too...couldnt really do it in an article..oh well, guess im stuffed

Jacks

HSC
No not stuffed, I wrote pretty much an essay with a slightly different intro and conclusion...I always seem to write an essay without meaning to, well you know what I mean. I put a name and the heading up the top so at least I had some things down...no time to draw boxes with "picture goes here"...hardly enough time to write what I needed to

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by eeyore
LOL Mine was an essay but with short newspaper-like paragraphs lol... and an article type introduction.

HSC
i honestly don't think this is something to stress about. the markers will be reasonably leniant because so many people will have so many different interpretations. they are more looking at what you wrote, not how you wrote it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by bipo
In section 3, the question asked to write "an article to an educational supplement for HSC students".

Feature Article or Article

A couple of people I spoke to wrote a feature article (used an anecdote, Big starting letter, and even a box with <insert picture> in it).

I wrote more in the form of an article (that is, a feature article without all those above features and a more serious tone).

Am I wrong or are they wrong, and in what style did you write?
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
yeah same, i thought they wanted a more informative factual tone, rather than a feature article type tone. but i used 'you' etc. addressing the audience, it was just quite factual

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I think quite a few people at my school wrote an essay and just stuck in some extra general quotes and put an article heading at the top...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)