self teaching ext 2 math (1 Viewer)

anonymoushehe

HSC
I know it’s kind of early, but do you think it’s beneficial to start learning the maths ext 2 content after prelims or smth? I do tutoring for maths ext 1, but don’t wanna do ext 2 because I feel like it’s too pointless and I work better by self teaching?? And learning ahead helps me a lot so that it’s just review for in class - is it possible to self teach maths ext 2 or??

eeeunicec

HSC
I mean you said self-teaching works best for you so try it out! If you have a look at it now yourself you can decide quicker whether you need tutoring or not for it. Just letting you know though that everyone I know who does ext 2. does tutoring since the access to extra resources helps a lot with practice. I don't do ext 2. though so don't trust me too much on this one + i'm not a maths person so i need all the help i get.

carrotsss

HSC
yeah I did it and it worked fine for me, mcgrathematics on youtube is a great resource I got through the syllabus in like a couple weeks I think using it

K2Trappy

HSC
I know it’s kind of early, but do you think it’s beneficial to start learning the maths ext 2 content after prelims or smth? I do tutoring for maths ext 1, but don’t wanna do ext 2 because I feel like it’s too pointless and I work better by self teaching?? And learning ahead helps me a lot so that it’s just review for in class - is it possible to self teach maths ext 2 or??
Yes u definitely can I self learn every subject cause Id rather talk in class than listen tbh

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Definitely possible and I encourage students to give it a go as a way to learn more about how you learn yourself so that you can reflect on that journey and give yourself a critical feedback on how successful it has been.

But ideally, this should be established well before you start Year 12 because you don't have exams that you can experiment this on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)