• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Serious advice needed !!! (1 Viewer)

dannyboii

HSC
Hey guys how are you all doing ? I've come here in search of third party, outside advice that might offer another perspective on my problems.
The subects I undertook by the end of year 11 were :
-2u maths + 3u maths
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Advanced English + 3u English
-Modern history

There are some problems with this set of subjects that made me regret my decisions
1. Throughout the year our school kept changing physics teachers and the one I currently have is absolutely awful. They cannot teach at all, so much so that most of my grade has resorted to getting TWO physics tutors each to make up for her awful teaching. Unfortunately I have neither the time or money to hire 2 physics tutors, even one takes up too much time. Plus I actually hate physics, it bores me.
2. I absolutely detest ext 1 English.I've always been an english person and I enjoy advanced english but for some reason I just can't commit to ext 1 english.

And so I wanted to know if it's too late to change subjects mid-way through the first term of Year 12 ? I plan to pick up 4u maths and I want to swap physics for business. I don't want to be on 10 units just yet, so i'd rather change from physics to business than just outright drop physics and stay on 10 units this early in the year. Plus I want to drop ext english.
So my school has agreed to let me change subjects and this is what my year 12 subjects will look like :
-4u maths
-Chemistry
-English advanced
-Business Studies
-Modern History

So what do you guys think ? Is it too late to move to business studies ? Apparently our grade's business studies teacher is amazing and great and teaches really well. How much of prelim do you need to know for hsc business studies ? Is business as easy as people say it is ? And in reguards to scaling I don't expect it to be a great scaler but is it an awful scaler like i've been hearing ? Will I be alright if I get above 90 ?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.
Cheers !

leehuan

HSC
Haven't you posted about this already?

--------------------
Edited on:

If you're going to repost, add some variety into your questions. The poll you made previously had the majority of people say to keep physics.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)