serious holiday work (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
hey everyone
holidays are coming up, and im down for some serious studying. I need to lift myself up in economics seeing that its my favourite subject. Anyway, i would like to hear some suggestions about what to do in these holidays relating to economics. Past papers? read? Thanks everyone.

shuning

HSC
LOL if u can study like a no life..

eat, study, shit , sleep.... follow this cycle
then i suggest follow this order.
1. read all ur txt books so u have a basiclly understanding of all the terms and conditions.
2. get a tutor, by reading the txt book u can only get around 70% cuz they are all shits made for making money, a good mark u need to go byond it, a tutor is a good way cuz it guides u thru all the necessary stuff w/o wasting too much time.
3. do past papers esp essays... give em to ur tutor to get marked....

and i guess u just aced eco.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
do past papers
keep up to date with economic issues [watch business sunday, foreign correspondant, sbs market update]
make good notes

gnrlies

HSC
I would suggest that you become familiar with future topics. Dont study topics you have already done in class, because trust me; you will know them back to front by the end of the year, and you will waste your time studying them in more detail now.

Look at the syllabus; dont worry about the textbook as they often put other stuff in, and this can be peripheral to the main point of this exercise. The point is to become familiar with the content so that when you study the course in class, you feel comfortable with it before you even begin.

I know that many students would still be finishing off the BOP work. The BOP is probably the most challenging concept in the HSC course, purely because it is technical, quite abstract, and you have never seen in before. So perhaps in breaking my first suggestion; you could study that if you are not on top of it.

The rest of the course is mainly issues and economic policies. Essentially the two topics are interlinked. Economic issues presents a common range of problems facing an economy, and the last topic is essentially a synthesis of the policy tools available to overcome these challenges.

Dont worry about learning historical facts, or a history of Australian policy, because that will come later. Just sift through the syllabus, look at each dot point, and try and find out what it means (you might use a textbook here). But yes, once again, dont use the textbook as a guide of WHAT to study, just use it as a reference as you will waste your time.

Shuning is also right about practice extended response questions. See if you can get access to the standards package (your school should have it). Take a look at some band 6 responses to past HSC questions from topics one and two. This way you will start to see what makes a good HSC response. There is a very specific style that markers like to see; so it is worth checking out. You dont necessarily need to go and write heaps of responses, but try to practice writing responses with the stylistic attributes in mind.

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Hey thanks for the replies, i really appreciate it. My weakest point is extended responses and I seriously do not know how to plan thats all. Thanks yet again

HSC
I know that many students would still be finishing off the BOP work. The BOP is probably the most challenging concept in the HSC course, purely because it is technical, quite abstract, and you have never seen in before. So perhaps in breaking my first suggestion; you could study that if you are not on top of it.

Whats the BOP work??

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
BOP - Balance of Payments.

it's a silly thing that records australia's transactions with the rest of thw world over a given period of time. it basically does nothing as everything balances out and everything impacts on everything over the short and long run and such and such. but i enjoy it.. slightly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)