Setting out Module A 'Exploring Connections' summaries? (1 Viewer)

sazlik

Flailing Nerd
HSC
Hi all, I've been lurking on BoS for a while, but I think this is my first post. Wondering if any of you have any ideas on setting out summary notes for Module A.

I have just gone through the process of typing up my handwritten (incredibly messy!) notes from Module A (we studied Donne/Wit), which we've just finished, so now they are a) legible b) roughly grouped with other relevant points but c) still not good enough!

I have plenty of points, ideas, connections and so on, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to put them all together in my notes. I'm finding it difficult because everything is so intertwined and difficult to separate, and also due to the broad nature of the topic. (It's not like, say, maths, where it's easier to create 'trig' or 'coordinate geometry' summaries, for example.) The syllabus mentions 'social, cultural and historical contexts'-maybe I should be sorting everything into 'context' groups? A three-column table with idea/technique/purpose? I'm not really sure! I tried looking in the resources section but that didn't really give me any brilliant ideas.

So, I guess what I want to know is how have/will/would you set out your notes for this topic? Any tips from those who have completed this module in the past or those who are doing it this year?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I didn't do the Exploring Connections elective, but I did the Texts in Time elective, however, they both fall under Module A, A Comparative Study of Texts and Contexts so I'm gonna assume they're similar. So, as you correctly stated, there are three (or maybe four) major groups of issues that you need to familiarise yourself with for this module:
1. Ideas/Themes/Notions
2. Techniques
3. The effect on the audience (purpose)
4. CONTEXT

So it would be best to divide your notes up under four those issues - and also, try to come up with links between them. For example, this technique is used to convey this idea which causes the audience to think this, alluding to this particular event from the authort's context. Something like that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)