Sex Survey (2 Viewers)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
sorry, cross posted to get as many answers as possible :)

Hi people...
I'm attempting to get some statistics for my extension 2 english project as not a lot of them exist in the form I want >1985

If you havethe time and can be bothered, I'd really appreciate you filling out these questions for me... Yes/no answers are fine, but be as detailed as you want (detail is both welcome and wanted!). If you don't feel comfortable talking about this on a public forum, pls PM me or email me at erinjcarolan@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Questions:

1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers?

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc)

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex?

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts?

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not?

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
(If you're slightly past 19, say 20, thats fine, but 21+ isn't really appropriate for this survey)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by glycerine
sorry, cross posted to get as many answers as possible :)

Hi people...
I'm attempting to get some statistics for my extension 2 english project as not a lot of them exist in the form I want >1985

If you havethe time and can be bothered, I'd really appreciate you filling out these questions for me... Yes/no answers are fine, but be as detailed as you want (detail is both welcome and wanted!). If you don't feel comfortable talking about this on a public forum, pls PM me or email me at erinjcarolan@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Questions:

yeah

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc)
no .. well i dont discuss it with them!
3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex?
that u should wait to u get married n r ready

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? 6Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts? um both

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not?
no
6. Are you:
Male or Female?
female
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
(If you're slightly past 19, say 20, thats fine, but 21+ isn't really appropriate for this survey)
16-19

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yes
no
wait till ur ready / married
10 .. both
nope
male

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yes
not parents, but im at uni and most things lecturers (*cough*gary in bio labs*cough*) say have many sexual connotations and they often come onto you (*cough*gary in bio labs*cough*), so im getting more comfortable with it
no
4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts?
i think schools should make it pretty clear that it is unnecessary for teeny boppers to be having sex, but teach them that if they must do it, then at least make it safe..so maybe like 7...i also think moral issues should be included, but really, thats totally ambiguous, my morals arent necessarily someone elses morals, so how could they teach that sorta stuff..
i think the media encourages teenyboppers to be shagging people and stuff...but i dont think the media depiction is all that realistic, if you believed the movies we would all be falling in love in minutes and shagging 20 seconds later.
6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
female, 18

santaslayer

HSC

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
1) YES

2) With my parents, YES
With teachers? One teacher I can think of, but that's about it.

3) No, I am pretty free to make decisions myself without being constrained by religious beliefs.

4) 10. Only physical facts. Schools purpose is to teach you the facts. Other issues are left to yourself to decide, based upon the facts. Schhols should be promoting free thinking and rigidity is not one of them

5) No comment, sorry. :)

6) 18 male.

miss_pie

HSC

Questions:

yeah

depends on the teacher and yeah with parents
nah whatever floats ur boat

physical fatcs but also talking about what impact sex has upon a relationship (which my school doesnt do untill yr 12 when most of us have had sex- thanks for warning us!)
pfft no. sex is made out to be glamorous which makes it appealing to people that arent mature enough to be embarking into a sexual relationship
6. Are you:
Male or Female? female
13 - 15 or 16 - 19? 17

Gemstone

1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers? Yes

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc) No

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex? Yeah, wait till your married.

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts? 10, Yeah morals should be taught to but including different oppinions not just one persons view.

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not? No, they depict us as always on about sex which isn't true

6. Are you:
Male or Female? Female
13 - 15 or 16 - 19? 16-19

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers? Yes, as long as it isnt mine (read: non-existant).

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc) teachers and most others yes, parents no

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex? No

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts? Around 9, just physical, moral values are for the individual

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not? No not really, we arent all always sex craved

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
Male, 16-19

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
1. Yes

2. No

3. No

4. 10 - just facts.

5. No. Makes it out to be far more prevalent and important than it actually is.

6. Female 16 - 19

alby

cool duckie
HSC
1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers? its ok...

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc) not really

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex? na

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? 10
Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts? we get moral values elsewhere...school shouldnt 'force' morals on us when we get enough influence from other places, & other influence from skool

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not? majority of films - not really..most teen films have guys n chicks basically screaming 2 get laid, implying that teens/adolescents 'cant' b virgins
tv - not as bad, very realistic...news shows the consequences of having sex/kids early
most teen shows (eg. home & away, neighbours, bb, etc) have realistic attitudes, but sex & the city sorta shows are quite unrealistic

6. Are you:
Male or Female? chick
13 - 15 or 16 - 19? 16-19

G

Gavvvvvin

No

No

No

10. Morale values are just as important as the physical facts.

No.

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?

Male, 17.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers? yes

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc) no

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex? no

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts? 8, both

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not? unrealistic, because the old bags would't know teen sexuality if it hit them in the face and announced 'I'm here!'

6. Are you:
Male or Female? Female
13 - 15 or 16 - 19? 16

lil-miz-blonde

Yeah why not

Meh, doesnt worry me

Not really, I mean it all comes down to me and my decisions

5ish Well regardless of how much you try and educate people there are people out there who are aware of the risks and go ahead with it. I guess its not until it happens to you or one of your friends when the whole reality of it hits.

Well I think in some ways its becoming more realistic, but of course the media will sensationalise something e.g. someone falling pregnant in neighbours, showing the effects of it all.

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
Female 16-19

rumour

HSC

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
1.)Yes
2.) Not parents, but teachers yes
3.)I think so, i'm not too sure!
4.)10, only physical facts
5.)Sometimes,like in some movies it makes us, teenagers out to be "on heat"
6.)Female, 17

olay

HSC
1. Usually.

2. Teachers yes, parents no.

3. No.

4. 10, with just physical facts.

5. No. How can it, when everyone's experiences and attitudes are different?

6. Female, 17.

AM04

Questions:

yes

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc) no

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex? yes christianity

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts? 10 - its hard to decide if morals should be included simply because it is impossible to determine the "correct" set of morals as all morals are created by humans of whom by nature are unable to obtain real truth.

hmmm i dont think it depicts it i think it moulds it. (on a main stread scale)

6. Are you:
female 16 - 19

Lundy

Banned
HSC
yes

no

no

10, and yes to moral values

I'm not sure. I think the media encourages adolescent sexuality more than anything else.

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
female 16-19

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
yes

teachers, yeah, most of em. Parents.... my dad is dirty.

no

10. Only physical facts! (Do I really care what my ultra-catholic teacher has to say about abstinence?)

Nah, not realistic. I don't think we're the sex animals portrayed... we're worse!

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
Female 17

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
1. of course

2. Yes, but nothing too wild or dirty etc in front of certain people.

3. No

4. 9. It's very important for schools to teach it because the parents might not. Morals should also be taught at school.

5. No. The media doesn't have a clue about how it is.

6. Male
16 - 19

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)