short answers (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
so i was looking at the NESA sample answers for the short answers, and noticed that most of them just describe the texts rather than analysing/evaluating them (meaning fewer techniques and examples)
is that what theyre really looking for? everyone here and at school keeps saying theyll do like one example per mark or smth, but these samples go more into describing to answer the question?
what do you guys think

GoldenMelon

HSC
so i was looking at the NESA sample answers for the short answers, and noticed that most of them just describe the texts rather than analysing/evaluating them (meaning fewer techniques and examples)
is that what theyre really looking for? everyone here and at school keeps saying theyll do like one example per mark or smth, but these samples go more into describing to answer the question?
what do you guys think
I think the sample answers are meant to be very brief, they are not meant to be exemplars. If you want exemplars you should look at the NESA workbooks.

idkkdi

HSC
what do you guys think
wdym not answering the q? example?

uniqueusername1

HSC
what do you guys think
na they are just generally shit. Don't try and aim for the same level of quality.

zizi2003_

HSC
wdym not answering the q? example?
like they do answer the question but using more description instead of techniques/examples
for example:
Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 5.22.52 pm.png
this is a sample for the 6 marker in the 2020 paper- i don't see any techniques besides juxtaposition (vaguely used??) and third person narration ?

Last edited:

zizi2003_

HSC
i might be wrong but i think she means the workbook exemplars coz i noticed the same thing
that + the NESA standards material top range responses have the same stuff...
im confusion

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
wait do they really!?
i’d best be getting a high band 6 then…
Idk he probs was tryna make us feel better cause we all sweated our assignments and we were still getting shat on. Despite, sending countless drafts to this man who teaches ext 2 eng and our teachers (who all said it was good). But then again if that NESA exemplar is band 6 I reckon most people trying should get at least band 5 idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)