• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should a guy be persistant about asking a girl out (1 Viewer)

but why....

FIRENDS FOREVER!!
the red things connected to the blue thing, the bl
HSC
alright lads ladies and the strange guy in the back, thats right sicko i'm talking to you. WELLCOME i'm john doe. ok now that were all friendly like i will pose my question.

now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected, however she was nice about (great girl), now since this poor misfortune occured i have had a discussion with a friend who will shall call " the clown" (nice guy) now he seems to think that dispite this girls rejection i should keep at it and try and win her what do you think???

now to clarify somethings. firstly i'm not as weird as my typing suggests i am indeed fairly good friends with this girl and as fair as looks gos i'd say were on a similar level if not shes a lil bit better looking but yeah. finally i don't plan to keep 'courting' this girl dispite whatever advice i get becuase i feel i should respect her opinion.

however i still wish to see this question answered.

becuase this is such a long post ill clarify my question...

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her (within reason... NO stalking, *stares at guy in back*) or should he accept it and move on....

ok people thats it reply

L

LaraB

but why.... said:
alright lads ladies and the strange guy in the back, thats right sicko i'm talking to you. WELLCOME i'm john doe. ok now that were all friendly like i will pose my question.

now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected, however she was nice about (great girl), now since this poor misfortune occured i have had a discussion with a friend who will shall call " the clown" (nice guy) now he seems to think that dispite this girls rejection i should keep at it and try and win her what do you think???

now to clarify somethings. firstly i'm not as weird as my typing suggests i am indeed fairly good friends with this girl and as fair as looks gos i'd say were on a similar level if not shes a lil bit better looking but yeah. finally i don't plan to keep 'courting' this girl dispite whatever advice i get becuase i feel i should respect her opinion.

however i still wish to see this question answered.

becuase this is such a long post ill clarify my question...

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her (within reason... NO stalking, *stares at guy in back*) or should he accept it and move on....

ok people thats it reply

no... if a girl says no it's for a reason.. that playing hard to get crap is a load of bull and it's just an excuse for people to turn into stalking nuts

if you're friends, leave it alone... if she likes you, the chance'll come up again maybe a little while down the track:)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
It's ok to persist, as in flirt.

Don't ask her out again, or make her uncomfortable with any other means. Just keep being good friends and chuck in the occasional flirting.

but why....

FIRENDS FOREVER!!
the red things connected to the blue thing, the bl
HSC
ok so thats that answered... how bout this,

ok i'm short ill openly admit that however i'm in good shape.. whats your opinion on height as a girl, honest none of the friendly, girls like your for who you are stuff you are unonmous here be honest say what you feel.

L

LaraB

but why.... said:
ok so thats that answered... how bout this,

ok i'm short ill openly admit that however i'm in good shape.. whats your opinion on height as a girl, honest none of the friendly, girls like your for who you are stuff you are unonmous here be honest say what you feel.
far as height goes - personally, long as the guys taller i dont care...

my bf's pretty short for a guy but i'm short too so he's still a little taller than me so doesn't bother me :)

wanton-wonton

HSC
Argonaut said:
A few things you should learn about women - they always get what they want and say what they mean.
Not if you give them enough beatin'.

L

LaraB

wanton-wonton said:
Not if you give them enough beatin'.
lol haven't you watched any of those hospital shows?:p

she'll get u in ur sleep where it hurts... if you're unlucky with a blunt serated knife

wanton-wonton

HSC
LaraB said:
lol haven't you watched any of those hospital shows?:p

she'll get u in ur sleep where it hurts... if you're unlucky with a blunt serated knife
I've read about them in some SMH articles, but if you beat them enough, they'll learn.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
but why.... said:

ok people thats it reply
You could always try again and if she says no just accept it and move on.

Argonaut said:
You will soon be branded a stalker. A few things you should learn about women - they always get what they want and say what they mean. So if they don't want you and keep saying no, take the hint.
Yes we always get what we want but sometimes don't always say what we mean or want to say.
Yeah if she keeps saying no,no means no.

Keen

MD
HSC
Persist, but persist by not being interested, looking like you don't care, have other women on your mind (and try to get some physical evidence of this i.e. dates) and she mind become more attracted to you, it's hard but you generally probably have to move on.

Keen

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
99% of girls aren't worth the effort to be asked twice

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I suppose persistance can work in the sense that they might just get sick of you, so then they just go out with you for the sake of it.

My best friend his sister, was asked out by this guy about 20 times before she said yes, and now they are engaged.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sweets said:
My best friend his sister, was asked out by this guy about 20 times before she said yes, and now they are engaged.
I have trouble believing that that actually happened.

Lennie

Honestly, There is nothing worse then telling a guy your not interested only to have him keep trying.

It's just annoying. And to be honest, The more you persist, the more annoying you will become. Hell, it's not even cute.

I think you should just give up. Obviously shes looking for something else. Don't take it personally.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Tell her:

"As you know I've recently developed a liking towards you and I am going to ask you out, but before you answer you must know that your rejection will lead to me constantly asking - Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you......"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)