should i do an external hsc subject course? (1 Viewer)

aerialie

HSC
hi everyone!!

i'm currently choosing my subjects for year 11 and 12, however i ran into a dilemma. due to an issue with lines, my school isn't running economics.

as a result, i'm doing 2 sciences (bio and chemistry) and i'm really concerned about the workload. i'm doing pretty well in both sciences so far but overall i'm best in humanities. economics has been a subject i've wanted to do for a while and if i want to do it, i'd have to switch it with biology and do it externally through sydney distance education high school.

essentially i have to choose between doing economics externally or biology.

thoughts and advice would be appreciated :D

cinnamongrls

HSC
I'm currently doing society and culture through sydney distance education high school and I would definitely not recommend unless you are super self motivated. there is not a lot of support and feedback given for assignments and assessment tasks. i've had to get a lot of my feedback through teachers in my own school as it can often take weeks to receive anything back. if you have a teacher at school that teaches the subject it would probably be manageable.

a friend of mine used to do economics in year 11 through sydney distance education, however they dropped it because of the lack of support and the heavy workload on top of other subjects.

i would say if you really enjoy it give it a shot, but i would not personally recommend from my own experience!

hope this helps 😇

aerialie

HSC
I'm currently doing society and culture through sydney distance education high school and I would definitely not recommend unless you are super self motivated. there is not a lot of support and feedback given for assignments and assessment tasks. i've had to get a lot of my feedback through teachers in my own school as it can often take weeks to receive anything back. if you have a teacher at school that teaches the subject it would probably be manageable.

a friend of mine used to do economics in year 11 through sydney distance education, however they dropped it because of the lack of support and the heavy workload on top of other subjects.

i would say if you really enjoy it give it a shot, but i would not personally recommend from my own experience!

hope this helps 😇
thank you so much!!! this really helps a lot 😊 wishing you all the best of luck with your trials 💪

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)