• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I do English Extension 2 next year??? (1 Viewer)

VAMPIRELLA

I'm doing my HSC over 2 years ("pathways") and am currently doing English Advanced and Extension 1, and like them both..should I do English Extension 2 next year? What will it involve, how hard is it, is it rewarding...please fill me in. :apig:

Huy

HSC
N/A
I don't recommend it.

But if you have a passion (and a proper Major Work idea), then go for it..

It's a lot of work towards the submission date (when you realise that it's due in the next day and you've got 3000 words to type :p)

Gamine

If you're doing pathways, you'll probably have heaps of time to get it done, which is always good... but if you're anything like me you'll still leave it to the last minute :D
Doing a major work in EEX2 is really rewarding... and the feeling of handing it in and walking out of the room... my god... you feel like you're floating :)
So my advice... do it!
Pulls up your UAI nicely too.

HydeSan

Hi, it's another person who is thinking about Eng Ext 2.
Is the subject challenging because of the size of the tasks, timing or any other reasons? Also, do you have to have a strong vocabulary knowledge to do well in the subject?
Please comment asap because I have to decide within 3 days.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HydeSan
Hi, it's another person who is thinking about Eng Ext 2.
Is the subject challenging because of the size of the tasks, timing or any other reasons? Also, do you have to have a strong vocabulary knowledge to do well in the subject?
Please comment asap because I have to decide within 3 days.

Strong language/vocab is not necessarily needed but is quite a good help...actually it would be very hard to do something which wasnt strong in vocab...prob only thing i can think of is film/multimedia and maybe a highly philosophical po-mo piece...

but it would be great if you had it, go have a look at some of the major works up there and ask yourself can i be bothered doing something like that ? and remember this is the only thing, virtually, that you will be marked on throughout the year so a certain degree of dedication and attachment is recommended

hope that helped mate

Leap

free falling
HSC
If you choose to do it, you can always drop it during the year if its to much work.
Also, do you have to have a strong vocabulary knowledge to do well in the subject?
Yeah it would probably help if you did. Because you're doing Extension 1 it usually means that you already have a wide vocabularly anyway.

bails

I so think u should do it, i mean if uve got some creative juices and u do alright in english adv then its for u. Think about it, theres loads of time (*cant believe im saying this but u should reallly listen to ppl when they say to start the major work early!!!*) & there is no test for the hsc & its scaled!

Therefore in conclusion I recommend it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)