Should I pay attention to my teacher (go to tutoring/not a good class environment)? (1 Viewer)

cossine

HSC
Unlike math, there's pretty few biology resources and there's only 2 textbooks which are pretty bad themselves.
All my bio resources on are this thread, ill be adding more once the semester break starts.
Why are the textbooks bad out of curiosity?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
All my bio resources on are this thread, ill be adding more once the semester break starts.
Except we need to pay despite it being labelled as "free" tutoring (only first lesson but unclear) 💀
without honesty ur not gonna make much money this way in the long term

If u need the money asap to feed ur family just say that we can create a go fund me with complementary biology merchandise

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
yeah definitely, i don't think pearson or bio in focus are bad - in fact they're actually pretty solid and i like using them (and i swear that guy's said that he's used in focus extensively or something before)
aren't they a little over the top? My teacher never uses the textbook saying 'its too off syllabus' smn smn

carrotsss

HSC
There are limits to what a teacher can teach. They have only 1 hr they can't teach you everything. Let say you are an yr 8 student what are you going to do after learning Pythagoras Theorem?

Programming is a fundamental topic for mathematics have you studied programming?
Discrete math is a fundamental topic for mathematics have you studied discrete math?

I think it is important for student to self-learn. There are lots of topics students can learn on their own that are easily accessible. There are countless resources available online Udemy, YouTube, textbooks, Quizlet, StuDocu etc.

@Hivaclibtibcharkwa what resources would you recommend if I was interested in Biology
Whilst I completely agree that self learning is important (I self taught all of my hsc subjects last summer barring English), for the vast majority of average students, the sole purpose of their teacher is to teach, and the teacher is the student’s only source of learning.

Also, focusing on topics like discrete math when I’ll eventually cover it in university seems pointless, but I do definitely wish that I learnt programming when I was younger. But at this stage most people’s focus is the HSC, which is an important gateway to university and those additional topics can come after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)