• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should i print out articles and photocopy pages of books for my Journal? (1 Viewer)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I do heaps of research from reading a vast range of material, or viewing for that matter (I'm doing a video). It's just, i digest the information and then i process it in my journal. I don't know :S I'm getting cold feet cause everyone is talking about the extensive thickness of their journals with pasted in stuff etc..

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The 2007 Notes from the Marking Centre said this about journals:

The role of the Major Work journal

Candidates submit their journal with their Major Work. Journals are not marked. However, journals document the independent investigation and the composition process. Markers are required to access the journal if, for example, questions are raised about the authenticity of the work. Most candidates carefully recorded the development of the work, maintaining drafts of work with their reflections. A small number of candidates submitted journals that were incomplete, brief or unconvincing. Candidates should not identify themselves, their teachers or their schools in the journals. Annotated bibliographies should be in the journal, not attached to the Major Work.
An annotated bibliography - i.e. a reference to each source material and some commentary on it - should be sufficient.

On the other hand, if having a comprehensive and thick journal makes you feel good and inspires you to tackle your major work with renewed vigour, by all means go ahead! :)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
+ also I think Journals are becoming compulsory for markers to check.... they were taking larger and larger samples each year... that's what I heard from my ext2 teachers anyway

so make it a good one ay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)