• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I quit my job? (1 Viewer)

aboutTreeFiddy

HSC
I work at McDonalds ('nuff said m8) and cut my availabilities down to one 4 hr shift a week in the last few months. I have saved up roughly $3000 which should get me through this year and a bit. I hate working there and even though the shift is only 4 hours it pretty much takes away a day in my week that I could be studying or taking a break from study. The only reason I'm still working is job security - worried I might not be able to get a job after the HSC due to the increase in people wanting to work but I don't want to be working at McDonalds after the HSC or through Uni for that matter.
To be frank, I don't want this shitty job to impact my ATAR when I could be using the time to further study, but is it that difficult to find a job after the HSC and with $3000 saved do I really have to worry about it?
At the moment, I'm leaning towards quitting. If i continue to work this year I'll only earn about $1900 possibly less because I won't be working during Trials or the actual HSC exams.
TL;DR I want you guys to tell me to fucking quit this shithole

xGhanem

HSC
lol same problem here.. I work at oporto, but I only work one day a week so idk if that'll make a huge impact.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
If you answer yes to one or more of these questions it's time to quit.

Has the job affected your studies thus far?
Do you think you will use the four hours that you won't work wisely?
Are you finding it difficult to balance your school workload with work?

Seriously though you have make the final decision, as you can always get a job after the HSC. You want to try and be the best you can. If you can't manage to balance your workload in the future you can simply quit :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Even though you may not want to, you can always return to McDonalds after HSC

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm currently working at the moment. I think it's really good to teach time management , and to give myself a break from study. I plan on reducing my hours a little bit, but I still plan on having regular shifts.

Tbh, it depends on how much you like the job. You said you hated it, so why would you work there after the HSC anyways?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)