significance of DNA replication? (1 Viewer)

valentino

hey can someone please help me with this question??? :)

describe the process of DNA replication and explain its significance

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
valentino said:
hey can someone please help me with this question??? :)

describe the process of DNA replication and explain its significance
dna unzips, the then corresponding [edit] bases [/edit] align themselves with an unzipped strand of DNA forming a new double helix, products are two double helix/strands of DNA...

significance: able to produce exact replica of one self mean that the cells can make exact same replica (interms of genetic information) of it self... so that able to grow into a multicellular organism, and pass their genes on...

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
This one is easy.

You have to describe the process from double stranded DNA ---> unzipping -----> new bases comes along -----> the pairing of A to T and G to C -----> Two new strands of double stranded DNA.

one of the significance of this process is that two IDENTICAL DNA can be made. As well as the ability of inherit the DNA to the next generation.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
xiao1985 said:
dna unzips, the then corresponding amino acid align themselves with an unzipped strand of DNA ...
I have to disagree on that. corresponding bases align themselve, not amino acids.
Amino acids are used to make proteins, first forming a polypeptide.

valentino

Survivor39 said:
I have to disagree on that. corresponding bases align themselve, not amino acids.
yes, i picked up on that too,,,thanx guys for the reply,,,i just realy need to know what the significance is?

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
the significance of replication has to do with DNA having to duplicate itself for cell division like meiosis and mitosis with the doubling of the chromosomes. being able to zip apart is also linked to protein synthesis with the making of mRNA

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
OOPS... thousand apologies... @@ what am i thinkin these days???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)